“always a favorite choice”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #50 of 3,736 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“always a favorite choice”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The quality and consistency with the Pappas restaurants is awesome. Pappadeaux has some of the best seafood dishes in Austin and at medium prices. Their oysters whether they are raw or fried are always fresh and well prepared. Their seafood gumbos are some of the best around as are their other menu items. One person ordered a salad with fried crawfish which had so many crawfish, it was necessary to take a doggie bag. In fact, you will see a lot of doggie bags being done in this restaurant because they put a lot of food on their plates. Lots of great appetizers and the waitstaff is some of the best in the city.

Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Warning. Food here is so good that you will eat more than you want. Waiters are INCREDIBLE, almost like magicians floating around with refills before you even know you need one. Large portions, delicious, and I am now headed to the gym for my indulgence.

Visited December 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Having eaten at five other Pappadeaux Seafood restaurants, in comparison, this one would come in 6th place. It has the same menus (both regular and gluten-free) as the others. I got one of my standard meals – filet mignon with mashed potatoes. The steak was good, but not great. The mashed potatoes were dry and looked like they'd been sitting around a while before being dished out. My husband got his usual fried seafood and said it was mediocre. The dining area of this restaurant seemed smaller than the others we've been to, with a more casual feel, and felt somehow less inviting, though I can't quite put my finger on why. On the other hand, the service was impeccable, as we've come to expect from Pappadeaux restaurants. We'd probably eat here again next time we're in town in the hope that this was just an off day.

• Visited November 2013
Salisbury, Missouri, USA
“Gotta do Pappadeaux”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

In Austin Sunday visiting my son and had another excellent meal at Pappadeaux'. Had the seafood grill and, even though I went in really, really hungry, there was so much quality food that I had to leave some on my plate. Everyone at our table was very pleased, as usual and the waitstaff was excellent as well. I know it puzzles some that a chain restaurant can serve one of the best meals you've ever had, but this is really close. Also, my wife and I agree, Pappadeaux has the best key lime pie we've ever eaten . . . anywhere.

• Visited December 2013
Lakeway, Texas
“Dinner with old friends”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Met some old friends for dinner and another great experience at this establishment. We had the Greek salad and entries consisting of crawfish etoufee, blackened frog legs, and shrimp brochette. All were wonderful, as always.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Share your experiences!