“Terribile quantity/price ratio”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ranch 616

Ranch 616
Reserve with OpenTable
Ranch 616 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 3,684 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th
Dresden, Germany
“Terribile quantity/price ratio”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Food quality is average the price is unbelievably high.
55 USD for 3 ribs, 1 quail, fries, and a small glass of margarita.

• Visited June 2013

Austin, TX
“Ask for a doggie bag with your order”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very good rustic Texas food, but they serve it with a front-end loader. The appetizers are huge, more than enough for a dinner for a big eater and very well priced. We shared fried oysters and grilled frog legs. Both were excellent, I highly recommend them. I had never had frog legs grilled before and they were better than any I have ever had (except for some I gigged myself 50 years ago). The quail served two ways was very good but the Boursin cheese mashers didn't really go with the quail.

One gripe: the daily specials do not have prices, so ask, they can get pricy.

• Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great for a big party!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to Ranch 616 for dinner last Saturday as part of my friend's bachelorette party. They seated us outside on the patio near the fire pit, which was fun and it was a gorgeous night. The menu options are a mix of Texas/Southern inspired dishes, along with some fresh seafood options. To give us a real taste of Austin, the bar tender treated us all to Fire in the Hole shots, which involved a jalepeno pepper, vodka, coronita and Old Bay. Surprisingly, it was great. The bar tender also provided generous pours for all the drinks we ordered, including our house margaritas and Ranch water, one of their speciality drinks. We all ordered a variety of things from the menu including the fish tacos, shrimp tacos, grilled chicken and the ribeye and all were delicious.

The only thing I thought was a little out of place on the patio were the flat screen TVs. The atmosphere is so nice without them, and by having them on, it gave the place more of a sports bar feel and took away from the intimate outdoor environment.

There were 15 people in our group and they accomodated us without any problems - would highly recommnd!

• Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good food fun atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Took my son here for his 19th birthday. Was looking for a fun local place that would be good for a foodie.

We both ordered the Divorced Quail dish which was quite tasty. There was a lot going on with the dish and made for kind of a messy presentation. I like the fact of having a sauce for each type of quail, but there was a lot of both sauces, and mixed with the mashed potatoes made it king of a soupy mess with two quail sitting on top.

I agree with the other regarding the specials. My partner ordered the mixed seafood dish and I expected it to be $28-$30. I wasn't far off, as it ended being $35.

If you are looking for a cool downtown restaurant, you should expect to spend a little money. This is a good place to check out.

With the exception of the dish being over sauced, it really tasted good and we enjoyed ourselves. The staff was also nice.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Loved everything about this restaurant. Very eclectic decor, great service and excellent food although not a bargain (without being outlandish).

• Visited February 2013

Been to Ranch 616? Share your experiences!