“A steak to die for!”
Review of ALC Steaks

ALC Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
ALC Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 12th Street
Description: Enjoy a delicious steak and a taste of Austin. You haven’t experienced the best of Austin until you've been to ALC Steaks. The capitol city's only independent, family-owned steakhouse serves sizzling, hand-cut, aged beef the way Austinites have loved it for over 19 years. From our rich, antique wooden bar to our relaxing, unpretentious dining room, everything about us says, "welcome." Our exceptional service and genuine hospitality are as inviting as the many signature items on our menu. Tonight's the perfect evening to discover something else great about Austin.
Carlsbad, California
“A steak to die for!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was with 14 of my business colleagues and we had the good fortune to dine at Austin Land and Cattle Co. I ordered the New York Strip. OMG! It was an excellent cut of meat and it was cooked perfectly!! My fellow diners were all blown away by the food and the service. Our server Brandon took excellent care of us. If you are ever in Austin, this restaurant is a must!!

Visited June 2013

Austin, Texas
“Great Local Steakhouse”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Not to be confused with Texas land & Cattle. This is more upscale. Excellent steaks. Nice atmosphere.

Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Happy hour visit”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Go there at 5 pm before it fills up as there are limited tables. I tried the blue crab cake with fried avocado. It was a little too spicy for me.

Visited May 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Really Good but Not Great”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We heard tremendous reports about this restaurant and it just fell short. Great menu with many options and obviously we went there for their steaks. I was expecting a steak equal to or better than Ruth's Chris and they fell short. Filet was really good but not great and others at our table said the same thing. This restaurant is very pricey and why we expected more.
Service was excellent, desserts are really good, and a good wine list. As visitors to Austin, our expectations for a "good steak" fell short and I'm not sure if we would eat here again. Bar service was very good and parking was no problem. Reservations are a must.

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We really enjoyed ALC. The food was excellent. My friend is vegan and he had the portobello dish and loved it. My steak was perfect. I really liked the unpretentious ambiance.

• Visited April 2013

Been to ALC Steaks? Share your experiences!