“Love their salad bar”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Austin, Texas
“Love their salad bar”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food and right downtown, a good place to eat at before a good tour and walk of the capital which is only 4 blocks away.

Visited April 2013

Coventry
“Check Your Receipt”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Specials were posted on the board; but didn't ring up on our charge. They gave us a slip to sign; but no detailed charges. As we ate lunch, we added it up in our heads and thought that it seemed high...it was. They offered my wife a glass of wine to make up for the overcharge...we took it rather than deal with the whole mess. The food was OK.

Austin, Texas
“Amazing Group Brunch at Hickory Street”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I held a brunch buffet at Hickory Street for 85 guests the morning after my wedding. I can't say enough about how wonderful everything was.

Camden and the staff were great to work with, from start to finish. They were very responsive during the planning process, helping us choose the menu and quick to answer any questions we had.

The food was delicious! Many guests commented on how good the breakfast was, especially the french toast. I personally love fruit and the fresh fruit provided on the buffet was top notch.

The staff was so helpful, kind, and accommodating throughout. They realized I was busy walking around talking to guests, and kept offering to get me some coffee or juice, which I very much appreciated.

I would definitely recommend Hickory Street!

“Worst Food Ever!!!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

At first glance this looked like a really nice restaurant! Until we sat down anyway, our waiter was horrid and rude and acted like he had better things to do then wait on us, which may have been understandable if we had not been the only people eating there at the time. We did however get to meet another waiter who took better care of us then the one assigned to our table. I had the grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit salad my boyfriend had the turkey guac sandwich. It was nice sitting outside and people watching until the food showed up. First my grilled chicken sandwich was completely dry and once taken apart nothing more then a heated up frozen chicken breast with a piece of cheese on it. The bread the sandwich was on was amazing however. Now on to the frozen tasteless fruit salad..... Yes it was still frozen in the center and tasteless. Now to the boyfriends food. The turkey guac was no more then store bought packaged type turkey and an avacado mushed up, nothing more there if that's what they are calling guacamole they need to go back to basic cooking. Considering what we paid for the meal you would think they could have at least given us chips with the sandwich that weren't stale or tasted like old grease... Now back to the waiter who only came and checked on us once. When it came time to tip I made sure to let him know to split it with the kid that actually helped us. I really wish I could remember his name. We were lucky enough to run into him on 6th street later that night while he was riding his boke home. He gave us all kinds of helpful information about Austin and the area. So big thanks to the curly headed kid that wasn't our waiter but helped us anyways, you were awesome!!!! So basically ill never eat there again nor send anyone their way for their over priced dinner.

Austin, TX
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great juicy burgers with bacon and fresh greens, red onion, and tomatoes. Homemade potato chips. Large selection of beer, tea, and juices.

If you're working in the government offices around the capitol and yearn for a good burger, this is your place.