“Best Seafood in Austin, no question”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,994 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Reviewed August 25, 2007

My wife and I went to Eddie V's last week. It was by far the best seafood we've had while in Austin.

I started with a summer salad with field greens, beets, and candied walnuts that was out of this world. Then, I had the swordfish with an avocado/cilantro/tomato relish on top that was out of this world. We shared creamed spinach with almonds which was also delicious. My wine was wonderful as well. Our dessert was a bread pudding souffle with bourbon sauce poured over it. Everything was top notch.

My wife thoroughly enjoyed her meal as well, but I can't remember exactly what she ordered as I was so focused on mine!

I also heard this is one of the best steakhouses in Texas.

Don't miss this restaurant.

1  Thank crazyAustin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,822)

Reviewed July 22, 2007

Amazingly fresh seafood and great service. Don't hesitate to eat here and try to sit in the lounge when they have live music.

Reviewed February 14, 2007

Ok, this was Valentine's which must be the most trying night for any restaurant, but Eddie V's didn't impress. My husband got the special and it was tasty as were the sides and appetizers. The thing was the sea bass. It wasn't the Hong Kong version. It was the other one: bland, overcooked, and absolutely saturated with butter. I swear, I've had better fish at Lubby's. They had plenty of axillary staff, but not enough wait people so when a large party arrived we were deserted. We had to wait for 30 minutes before they discovered that they had lost our dessert order. In fact, they didn't discover it. We asked. Thirty minutes sitting there all sad with only our water glasses and spoons on the table and nobody noticed. Stuff happens and it was a busy night, but for those prices I expected more.

1  Thank austin_native
Reviewed September 4, 2006

We found this rest. by asking a hotel employee...The food was a bit pricy, about $50.00 a piece, but well worth it. The service was outstanding.... live jazz music.... great atmosphere.

1  Thank AmyZimmerman
Reviewed April 15, 2006

I'm been to Austin a few times and this is by far the best restaurant I've eaten in so far. Be sure to sit in the lounge section for a little more atmosphere.

2  Thank 285WAS

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!