“Great seafood, but pricey”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The food was AMAZING, but pricey. We went for dinner in the lounge with free jazz. Our server was pretty stiff and abrupt. It was very dark and our server did not attempt to help us, but neighboring servers provided flashlights. He was efficient just not personable.

1  Thank Belwolfie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Decided to eat dinner at this place on 4th of July while visiting Austin for a wedding on that weekend. After getting the usual greeting from one of the waiters, I asked him to give me a minute or two to decide my meal. Well, it's like the waiters just forgot about me. It took about 15-20 minutes to finally get one of their attention again and after complaining (I almost walked out) they apologized and took my order. The food was good quality but overpriced in my opinion. Bottom line, there are better choices in this area and I won't be back after that bad first impression. It wasn't that busy that night and they should pay better attention to their customers. Only reason why I didn't leave was because I was literally hungry and It was late already (9pm reservation).

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Nice wine selection. The steak tartar was absolutely excellent. The scallops were fantastic. Good service. Wife had an excellent salad, but I'd recommend skipping that and going for their fantastic bisque. Nice live band in the lounge - not too loud. They were busy but we were able to get a late reservation that same day. Casual dress. A bit better lighting for the menus would have been nice, but the waiter did have a flashlight handy. Easy walk from the downtown hotels and 6th street area.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend in Austin for our 5 year anniversary, and I wanted us to have a really nice dinner the night of our anniversary on Friday, 6/20. After reading some trip advisor reviews Eddie V's seemed like the best option since it was downtown and served steak and seafood. I made reservations a few days in advance using the Open Table site and added some notes that is was our anniversary, and a lady from Eddie V's called me during the day of our reservation to confirm our dinner that evening. We took a shuttle from our hotel to the restaurant and arrived about a 1/2 hour early. Our table wasn't ready, which was understandable so we sat at the bar until it was. The bartender was great, made us a couple nice drinks, and said all the food there was great, but suggested that we try the Truffled mac n cheese and the Crab fried rice- he said it would change our life. Our table was ready right at 8pm, and our waiter seated us, and using our names congratulated us on our Anniversary,, nice! Plus when we arrived at our table there were fresh rose petals and a Happy Anniversary card on our table.. real nice!! Before I list what we ordered, let me just say... it was all Awesome!!!! From the complimentary bread, to the crab cake appetizer, the two sides our bartender recommended, the bone-in ribeye, the lobster tails, and the bottle of wine that our wine connoisseur at the restaurant recommended to pair with our two dishes which went incredibly well with dinner, all the way to the complimentary intense chocolate dessert they brought us for our Anniversary. This restaurant is staffed with class and served a meal fit for royalty, and they truly treated us like a king and queen that eveving. Thank you Eddie V's!!

2  Thank bigcoolchuck
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love this restaurant, has wonder food, service is impeccable, and great Happy Hour!
We go for our special occasions and just when we want to have a great night out.

Recommend it to anyone!