“GREAT EVENING”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice atmosphere and good service. Our waiter was very helpful in helping us with the specials and explaining some selections. He also helped pick a wine that complemented our meals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was trying to remember the name of this superb establishment so I could it the killer review it deserves. Saefood in the middle of texas.. ?? I thought.. risky perhaps.. As a seafood snob I dont like my food to have to travel far...

Their oysters and seabass were the best I have ever eaten. Outstanding

pros:
- high end place with high end service
- appetizers were generous.. with the highest quality oysters
- nice surroundings
- potent wine list

cons:
- I ate too much

1  Thank Son-of-Poochmas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

It's a tradition for my wife and I. A nice white-linen restaurant in the Arboretum area of north Austin. The food is very good (but not great) and the prices are high, but it's a good way to have a special meal. Wine list is good. Steaks are decent. Appetizers and sides are great (especially the crab cakes and truffled mac and cheese). The service is always excellent...friendly and attentive. Haven't tried the seafood, but I think that is more their specialty.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Alot! They remembered my name and i ddent have to go there 20 times and spend 10K. Great food and service!!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been to Eddie V's many time over the years and have never been disappointed. I have had steaks, and fish and all dishes were cooked to perfection. The atmosphere is outstanding and the servie is impeccable! The lobster bisque for an appetizer is outstanding!
Thanks Eddie V's for always provided a great food and great service!

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!