“Fabulous food for our Anniversary dinner”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The lobster and shrimp
Bisque was sublime with small
slivers of lobster meat. My hubby loved his ahi sashimi appetizer. The organic sourdough bread was too good we could've dined on that alone.
My filet mignon Oscar style was perfection, happy they had the hollandaise on the side for me to dole out as desired. The twice baked potato was tasty. The perfect ending was the Godiva chocolate soufflé with Amy's vanilla ice cream. With Happy Anniversary written in the dish. They graciously brought more ice cream when we asked. They kindly gifted us the dessert for our anniversary!
Service was very good and personable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had dinner twice - once was Chilean Sea Bass, one of the best meals I've had. Cooked perfectly. Next night had the rib eye, not as good as the sea bass and overcooked. Great service and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would go back to Austin just to eat here! The food is awesome... Had the lobster tacos, chopped salad and the crab fried rice....still thinking about these 3 dishes....the atmosphere is great and Tisha our waitstaff was excellent. she does not work on Sunday but ask for her when you go.

I am from North Jersey whe we have tons of great restaurants and I have to say Eddie Vs was one of the BEST seafood specialty places I have ever been to. And it's in Texas!!!!! really loved it and would give it 10 stars if I could.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This lovely room gave the impression that the place might have rather stuffy service, but that was not the case. The service was relaxed, but attentive. The crowd ranged from couples to business people to large family groups with small children. The overall noise level is pretty high, so you didn't really hear anything in particular from any other tables. We started with the Kung Pao Calamari. It was delicious, and enough for two. We had the Louisiana Redfish and the Grouper, and both were excellent. The real hit of the evening was the truffled mac and cheese. We talked about it for days, and although we only had one more night in Austin, we seriously considered coming back to have it again. All in all, a really great dinner.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My business partner and I were staying out at the airport hotel and where looking for a good meal to unwind a long day. Hotel staff kept recommending places that did not have good TripAdvisor ratings, so we took a flier on Eddie V’s based on the reviews. . . .and we were very glad we did. First great choice of the night.

We showed up on a Monday night at 8pm without a reservation. There is valet parking there (more about that later) so it made it easy to park in a neighborhood that was busy and with some construction reducing parking spots on street.

We heard the jazz quartet playing in the bar/lounge and decided to sit at one of the high-top tables. Second great choice. We had an excellent server and the music was fantastic.

Now for those that follow my reviews, I am always criticizing bars for crappy martinis and lack of great olives (ideally blue cheese stuffed!), but not here: the bartender executed on both issues.

As we were unwinding over our martinis and listening to the jazz set, our server recommended a starter of salt and pepper jumbo shrimp. We took him up on his recommendation (third great choice). My only regret was there were only 7 on the platter to split between the both of —could have eaten 10 myself.

Although we were in “meat country” our server highly recommended seafood. I settled on the Redfish (never had before) and my business partner on the Chilean seabass. Both were excellent.

And to top off the night, as a former trombone player, Bill Watrous (www.billwatrous.com) showed up and played a set with the quartet which was truly amazing. I spoke to him after the gig and at 74, the man can still blow a mean horn.

And the parking. . . .as we walked out of the restaurant our car magically showed up with the valet. No wait and easy get away.

BTW—why is this not rated higher in TripAdvisor?