“A truly Texas BBQ experience”
Review of Iron Works

Iron Works
Ranked #36 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Surrey, UK
“A truly Texas BBQ experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've never been in such a place before. Great meat and challenging portion sizes. There are lines out of the door all day, for a good reason.

Wonderful stuff.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Bedford
“BBQ that is not worth it”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went on recommendation of a cab driver and he must not know what good BBQ tastes like! Got a sampler platter. The sausage was pretty good but ribs had limited meat plus chewy and sliced beef was dry and lacked flavor. The staff was very friendly and the ambiance was fun, but would not suggest going.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Below Expectation”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I must say we came here because Franklin's BBQ was closed.This was my first time in ATX and my boyfriend and I had read Franklin's in a Texas magazine. Disappointed, we looked up "best bbq in Austin" and Iron Works was the first on the list, we read the reviews and we got pretty excited. The place seems a little like a hole in the wall, once we walked in we saw all these picture of the wall of people who have been there and that set our expectations through the roof! Let me compliment them on their AMAZING potato salad before I begin. Okay so I got the beef ribs and my boyfriend for their "amazing" brisket. The ribs were so chewy, not "fall off the bone" like I was expecting, they also had no flavor. I figured their BBQ sauce would help a bit and it didn't. AT ALL. My boyfriend being pretty good at the grilling stuff was not very satisfied, either. I tried a piece of his brisket and it was SO DRY. Maybe they were having an off day or someone didn't put the right rub on anything or our food wasn't in the smoker long enough. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever be back here again in our future trips.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Straight forward Texas BBQ”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Walk in tell them what you want at the counter - your food is immediately thrown on a disposable plate and plastic tray - grab your drink and pay at the next counter. Don't expect small talk or someone to hold your hand thorough the process, but the food taste great and there isn't much else to it. No frills just a good place to grab a quick bite.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Ironworks how I have missed you!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

It's been 21 years since I was in Austin and at SXSW. Former music job, former life, but the one thing I swore was to return to Austin and have those beef ribs. This time I was in town for my gamer son to enjoy the rooster teeth expo. My chance at sharing my past with my teen through stories failed however food is always a way to his and my heart. Thanks ironworks. You haven't failed me this time. After 21 years I finally enjoyed those ribs. Get the beef ribs when in Texas all the other stuff you can get anywhere.