“Always euphoric, year after year”
Review of Fonda San Miguel

Fonda San Miguel
Ranked #27 of 3,830 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Fonda San Miguel never disappoints, even as I come back to Austin year after year. The food is spectacular, the setting is lovely - traditional Spanish style and decor, the service is wonderful and this all hasn't changed since I first ate here, years ago. My favorite restaurant, hands down. Always a wonderful experience - certainly not to be missed in Austin. I suggest the Queso Relleno - the Relleno by which I judge all others.

1  Thank lithicschik

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Venue is a large hacienda, beautifully decorated, truly authentic. Food was delicious; no Tex-Mex; the real deal. Service great.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We had 1 night in Austin before flying home and a colleague heard about this restaurant. It was outstanding throughout. The restaurant is in a quiet neighborhood and we weren't sure we had the right location. However, we found it and it was very worthwhile. I had an excellent margarita to start the night off. The chips are very light and don't get on the way if the salsa.

The entree was outstanding! I ordered the pork shoulder which is cooked in banana leaves in the old Yucatan method. Extremely tender and flavorful. Others had fish and various meat dishes. All were excellent.

The decor is old Mexico and very well done. Our server was knowledgeable. The hostess was helpful. I strongly recommend getting reservations because it seemed popular. Parking is limited but available on residential streets.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We had made a reservation and our table was ready for us. Very cool atmosphere. We weren't sure what to order. Waitresses offered good suggestions. We all really enjoyed our food. We left a little rushed though. In and out in an hour with dessert and coffee. It wasn't that busy as it was a Monday night so they could have slowed down service a bit. Parking very tight. Overall a good meal

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Not only in Austin but in all of Texas - absolutely the best. First the service - like a studybook of friendly Texas service plus the highest level of proffesionalism. Then the drinks - it's not so usual to get good and fresh-made margaritas in Texas nowadays, plus top choice of wines. And last not least the food! Top of all!

1  Thank Johanna T

Been to Fonda San Miguel? Share your experiences!