“Perfect Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Having never dined here, the girlfriend and I decided to try something new for my birthday dinner. From food to service and the free birthday tres leches desert, the experience couldn't have been better. This restaurant has a great ambiance as well. Since I'm in Austin monthly now, I will be sure to return and will recommend to others.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had the sopa de elote, the enchiladas de mole poblano with pork, and the tres leches cake and cappuccino. My wife had the enslada enspinacas and the pescado veracruzano. Al were simply wonderful and perfectly prepared. The service was outstanding. We look forward to returning to Fonda San Miguel and highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 6 in town for football weekend! So glad my husband found this! Our server, Joseph, was excellent. He was so knowledgable about everything on menu. Could answer all our questions. Request Joseph!

1  Thank chgreen
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Entering Fonda San Miguel is like walking into an old style Spanish hacienda. Dining here is leisurely and allows you to savor the carefully blended flavors of more authentic Mexican food that is elevated beyond others' tacos. I knew what I would order having viewed the menu on-line. I couldn't wait to taste their mole, and I wasn't disappointed by the multilayering of spices and chocolate with melt in your mouth onions over incredibly tender chicken. The portion was a huge half chicken, more than I was expecting, so I didn't have room for appetizer or dessert. I did want to try the corn soup with cheese, and the server brought me a sample which was creamy and full of corn. My friend's echilladas suizas had a rich, baked sour cream tomatillo sauce. The chips were light and crispy with zesty but not overly hot salsas. Our server added to the dining experience by being so personable and attentive. She even gave us easy to follow directions back into downtown. My only quandary was why we couldn't get a reservation for a specific time when the restaurant was not full on Labor Day.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Step inside Fonda San Miguel and you're immediately taken with the beautiful interior of this restaurant. The arrangement of dining areas and the ambiance of an upscale hacienda greet you throughout. The food is not the typical Mexican restaurant food because many presentations are unique...well worth trying and delicious.

Been to Fonda San Miguel? Share your experiences!