“Wow, great fresh seafood in Texas.”

Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had dinner here on Valentine's night with coworkers. Food was out of this world fresh. The portions were huge! I had lobster bisque and the cioppino. The fish was so plentiful in the dish I could not finish. The dessert tray was enormous, and the quality was exceptional. Not only was the food great, but the wait staff was some of the most professional and attentive I have ever experienced. Will definitely return next time in Austin!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was looking for a good seafood restaurant and this one was suggested to me. I ordered the salt and pepper calamari and the fried shrimp. Very basic items. The calamari was greasy and the shrimp were salty- very disappointing. This will not be my choice the next time I am in town.

1  Thank southerncalla
Reviewed February 16, 2013

After spending a week in Austin on business sampling local fare, I tried Truluck's. it is a very nice restaurant - white tablecloth all the way. There's a piano in the bar area for entertainment while you wait. The wait staff provided excellent service - very attentive, but not so much as to be annoying. I had the filet, but there was quite a list of other excellent entres. It was the best meal I had during the week.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Austin is not all B B Q and TexMex restaurants. Try Truluck's for a peaceful and beautiful setting with a menu offering everything from Colorado river trout to all kinds of seafood. The service is excellent and the decor is elegant. This is just off of 6th Street. Valet parking, but there is also a $5.00 lot just across the street.

We were surprised by a complimentary dessert presented when the waiter heard us wishing Happy Birthday to one in our party. It was enough to share for our table of 4.
Nice touch!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

While on a business tip in Austin, TX we spontaneously asked for a recommendation of a great restaurant near Downtown Austin. And oh boy we got a major surprise after the most amazing meal of our life's . Let me just say that we love a seafood - or who doesn't? Right?!

Now, this place had taking our breath away by their service and size of Alaskan Crab Legs - they were enormous, like gigantic. We also had South African Lobster tails that just melted in our mouths. My god, this place is a MUST for seafood lovers.

I must also add that Everything is big in Texas - but desert was quite large as well.

Enjoy.