“just okay...better than the standard Cinemark”

Moviehouse & Eatery, Austin, TX
Ranked #13 of 64 Fun & Games in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I should preface by saying I'm an Alamo Drafthouse regular. The food was decent but there was a heavy hand with the salt. Cocktails were quite diluted. However, the seats were comfortable especially the reclining function. My table was uneven so my drink kept slipping. Overall, if an Alamo Drafthouse is closer go there instead because the food, drinks and seats are better....it's where most Austinites go to catch a flick.

1  Thank monaprice

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This cinema is the best I have every been to. You are shown to your luxury leather recliners which have a small table on your left. Your sever then gives you a menu from which there is everything from club sandwiches, pizza, fish and chips to warm cookies and a pint of milk to chose from. There is also alcohol and soft drinks available. Then you just sit back relax watch your film and eat you dinner. No more rushing a quick meal after work before the cinema. Here you have it all. The cinema is clean and the staff are polite and helpful. The ticket price we paid was $12 for the Dine-in did not include the food but it was well priced. I would recommend trying this Moviehouse it doesn't get any better.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We came across this theatre by accident. We were hooked. Reclining leather seats. So ooh comfortable. Nice food. This theatre has it all. 3d. Moving seats. Large screen. Great food and drinks. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I went here with 9 other women to see a chick flick at the dine in theater. It was my first time and well worth my 20min drive down 620. The seats recline and each has it's own tray so no sharing with a stranger. I had the brownie and it was delicious. Tried my friends pretzel and I might get that next time. I also like that you can order an adult drink at your seat and not have to get up to go to the bar.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We first went to MovieHouse + Eatery their opening weekend, well over a year ago. Ever since, it been the only theater we go to for regular movie-watching. (The only times we go elsewhere are for occasional art-house films they don't show, or special-nets, like a master-pancake...)
We always pay the extra couple bucks for dine-in: The leather lounge chairs are comfortable, spaced so there's never a kid kicking your seat, and the seats are reserved, so no worries about long lines for big releases.
There have been projection problems at a couple opening-night shows we've attended, but management was proactive and on top of it, finding a solution, communicating status, and offering patrons options and extra passes for the trouble. (And neither delay was more than 10 minutes!)
The food--could be a little more "eat-in-dark friendly,". And it's good but not great. Their willingness to adapt to special orders is hit-and-miss... The drink menu is reasonable, and has some great choices and variety. And the bottomless popcorn delivered to your seat is totally worth it.
But for all that, definitely the most comfortable, hassle-free place to catch a movie in Austin, for just 1-2$ more than the typical stadium-seating national-chain theater.