“Huge tacos”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Love to go in the morning and get a breakfast taco. They are big and will hold me for a late lunch. They open early and services is quick. parking is sometimes hard to find if you go during lunch.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was so glad to discover this wonderful, down-home restaurant for a good Sunday breakfast while we were visiting Austin.
This is basically really good Tex-Mex served in a family-style diner-type setting. The best breakfast we had on our Texas trip. The service is good, and food is fresh and flavorful and NOT full of cilantro, which is not my favorite thing.
The heuvos rancheros are fantastic, and chips and salsa was served as an appetizer even tho it was 8:30 in the morning. Chips and salsa were obviously freshly made and delicious.
It is about 2 miles east of downtown.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Saw this place on man vs. food and was a recommendation from my friend and I got to say....I loved it! Very welcoming and great food. The owner was at the door welcoming us with a warm greeting and handshake! Food was fast and tasted great! Reasonable prices too! I doubt I can do the Juan in a million challenge lol maybe next time....but definitely a recommended visit!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were excited about visiting this restaurant for breakfast. When we arrived it was difficult to find a spot to park. They sat us in the very back in a separate building. It was a quiet part of the restaurant. However, our table was a couple of feet from the tortilla station they serve as you sit down. Under the table are gigantic bags of industrial size tortilla chips that look like they came from a store. They unfortunately tasted that way as well. The food was ok. We all had breakfast taco's that were 2.50 each and they served soda in cans which was interesting. The size of the taco's were ok for the price. You hear all the hype on t.v. and print about Juan in a Million so it was disappointing from that aspect. There are a lot of Mexican Restaurants in Austin that are amazing. This isn't one of them.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is my second time here- first saw it on the Food network and had to try it out. Had the Juan in a million breakfast tacos both times- really enough food for 2- very cheap meal, very friendly waitresses- do need to get there early, last time the line was wrapped around the building by 10am- it is only open for b fast and lunch- have not eaten lunch there yet- It is in a "sketchy" part of austin, but the food is awesome!