“Authentic + Hearty = Awesome”

Los Pinos Mexican Austin
Ranked #514 of 4,450 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Normally have the #2 all chicken combo. Chips are always warm and fresh. Tortilla soup is real good. Rice is super good and beans too. Rita’s are tasty. Service is supper fast. Highly recommend eating here, not expensive by Austin standards ($10 plates). Had lots of Mexican food in my life, this is the place to go. Not a chain, super authentic. This has been our twice a month Friday night staple.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (88)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Showed up about 15 minutes before Happy Hour was over on a Thursday. Place was really empty. Happy Hour menu prices didn't seem to be that discounted. Some of the food items were the same price as the regular menu. Service was ok. Matter of fact. Food was ok. Chips were not my favorite. Salsa was too hot for my enjoyment. Prices were probably right for the portion size. Too many Mexican places to put this in my rotation. Place is on Bee Caves vs Hudson Bend.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019

I was hoping for great Mexican food however Los Pinos is just average. The service is quick and really pushing you in and out. The food wasn't any better than chain Mexican restaurants.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

I really seriously do not understand all of the positive reviews. This place looks awful and dirty! We walked in, sat down and said 'no way' and got up and walked out.

Its like walking into a cave - dark. I guess which is good for them so you can't see how filthy it is. And you know, if the place is funky and dirty in the front, then can you imagine what the kitchen looks like ewww.

When we first walked in, and after our eyes adjusted to the darkness, we see, front and center, a booth with a guy stretched out sleeping. Yes. Floors were dirty and probably haven't been cleaned, well probably since they opened. Then we are taken to a booth that is torn. Just no. I was not willing to subject myself to the food.

Just advice to this restaurant: Appearance has everything to do with running a restaurant. If a place is dark and dingy, then it really doesn't matter how good the food is because who wants to eat in the dark! Clean it up! Put in some lights and windows. And lastly, get the drunk guy stretched out in the booth out. Put him in the back or something, but not front and center where other patrons see his ass laying there.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

A great family restaurant. It’s like mama was in in the kitchen cooking. Huge servings. The ribeye steak with an enchilada, don’t know the menu name was perfect and the chili relenos with queso was amazing. A great value with great service!

Date of visit: March 2019

Been to Los Pinos Mexican Austin? Share your experiences!