“New kind of normal food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Osaka Restaurant

Osaka Restaurant
Ranked #817 of 3,689 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Austin, Texas
“New kind of normal food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the yellow croaker fish. I thought I would get some side like soup or salad but didn't. My bf got them and said they were good. My fish was literally while with eyes and everything. I had fun trying that. The sake was ok. Enjoyed the table foods and how many there were. The spiced potatoes were only ok. Sushi was delicious. I got the eel. I've had eel before and know it is pricey but only two pieces were $5 which I thought was a bit much. My bf the spider roll and said it was only ok. This place isn't good enough for the price but if cheaper it would get a better review. $7 for half a glass of sake nope.

“REALLY FRESH SUSHI”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This little hideaway of a restaurant features a very complete list of sushi varieties along with a Japanese/Korean menu. As each item was brought to the table, it was presented in a very pretty setting. The tuna tower was super to start with and then we had a variety of sushi and rolls. As each course was near being finished, the waitress brought the next dish so that the entire meal rolled out in a very smooth sequence but never rushed. The boiled and lightly salted edamame was fixed perfectly. The texture of the tuna tower was awesome. But the most important thing was the absolute freshness of each dish. Look forward to trying some of the many other selections on the menu on our next visit.

• Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas
“Good Sushi and Killer Happy Hour Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fun atmosphere and GREAT happy hour prices.
Staff has always been engaging and fun.
Sushi has always been good.
For a change of pace, try one of the various japanese dishes.

• Visited April 2013
Austin
“Great presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went by myself, and watched the chef prepare my spicy tuna sushi. The server was great, and the owner said goodbye as I left, which is important.
Overall very nice, relaxing environment.

• Visited November 2012
Austin, TX
“Great lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a really nice little Japanese-Korean restaurant. They have great lunch specials - tasty and reasonably priced. One son likes to get their sushi lunch deals and the other likes the teriyaki salmon bento box which comes with soup, salad, tempura vegetables, and sushi. Their sushi is excellent. I hear they have happy hour specials also, but we've yet to make it in for happy hour.

Visited June 2012

Been to Osaka Restaurant? Share your experiences!