“Mexican American local color”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #143 of 3,689 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Placentia, CA
“Mexican American local color”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

A very casual, old established restaurant that the locals go to and take out of town guests to.
Very good food, lots of choices. Interesting decor.

• Visited November 2012

Austin, Texas
“Consistently good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Call it New Mexico Tex Mex. Green chile is featured in many of the dishes. I have been eating here for 20+ years. The food is alwasy good and recipies are consistant from one location to the next. If you like mexican food it is a must when you visit Austin. Be prepared to wait, they are alwasy packed.

Visited October 2012
Kyle, Texas
“YOU'LL LEAVE HAPPY & FULL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Even though I've lived in Austin for around 13 years, and chuy's has a very attractive sign off a main highway, I've never brought myself in to give it a try. .......... I regret it soooooooo very much.

Chuy's is a Tex-Mex Restaurant and even though Enchiladas are usually the last option on my menu I gave it a try.

My husband ordered the Monday's Special and I ordered the Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom. I have to say.... the Monday's special was better that mine, but mine was also delicious. I'd like to try the enchiladas w/ the egg on top the next time I visit. For the man and his cheese..... we ordered the Queso Compuesto which has guacamole and pico de gallo (and some other fairy dust sorcery).

BEVERAGE: sangria margarita which was absolutely delicious.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:

I have to give a shout out to Clint who was our server. It was our first time there and even though there was a dinner rush he took the time to explain the menu and give us some suggestions. He was friendly and up-beat. I originally was indecisive of my alcoholic beverage so I went with what I like at applebee's... the perfect margarita, but after Clint offered so kindly brought me a sample of his favorite.... I immediately informed him I wanted to change my drink. He also gave us a sample of their other really popular dipping sauce which was also delicious. I will DEFINITELY come back!!!

• Visited October 2012
Amarillo, Texas
“Really Good Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We'd heard the tortilla soup was really good. We had a cup and it's it very good. Different from many of the froo froo one's you tend to get else where. Tasted homemade and great. Had a Fajita Burrito with Boom Boom sauce, very good. The salsa tastes so fresh!! Our server was excellent and super friendly! We sat outside under a heater with music playing :)

• Visited October 2012
“Chuys with out of town family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The first place my family wants to go when they visit is Chuy's. Everyone has something different that they love on the menu and the Austin vibe is great!

Visited September 2012