“Underwhelmed”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

This place looks grubby and tired. The food was a solid 4 on a scale of 10. The whole experience was disappointing. One expects better in a city like Austin.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

live it. Food is great and full of taist. The ice coffee is so much better than the chain places. Well worth stopping there for dinner or lunch.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

It is my favorite Vietnamese lunch hot spot. Service is great. Food arrives steaming. I enjoy it with Mango bubble tea. No better way to spend a Saturday lunch.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

OK, I wrote a great, praising review last November when I was visiting Austin, but this trip in February to Kim Phung was even better. I miss this restaurant so much (but I'm still not leaving Taos, NM!). The food is extremely fresh, flavorful and ALOT of it! The staff bend over to please. I highly recommend the iced Jasmine tea...just perfect with lime! I especially love the Bun with grilled chicken and lemongrass. You HAVE to try this out - even if you don't like asian food....it's fantastic! The Pho soups are great, but it's Bun for me. Check it out. The young owners are doing a wonderful job. You will be blown away by the immense menu....lots of choices. Everyone should find a dish they will also love as much as I love my favorite there!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Lunch specials are a good value, if you like the more bland, Americanized asian cusine. Two stars, maybe three for the lunch specials. For the GOOD food, either pick some Pho - or even better, get one of the specialty dishes. Yes, it costs more for the specialty dishes but it is definitely worthwhile if you want a more authentic, flavorful meal. The iced tea is a nice jasmine tea - NOT standard Texas iced tea. I like it quite a bit, just be forewarned.

1  Thank TomTX2000

Been to Kim Phung? Share your experiences!