“B+”

Ranked #461 of 3,684 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: With every dish made fresh to order, ducks, chickens and pigs hanging by the window and tanks filled with live lobsters and crabs, Din Ho guarantees you a truly authentic experience. Our restaurant stands out as the place to go for Chinese cuisine in the heart of Texas and has garnered numerous recognitions and rewards including the Austin Chronicle’s readers’ poll award for best Chinese three years in a row.A definite must have when dining with us is our Beijing duck. Roasted to perfection with crispy skin and succulent moist meat, each platter of duck is served with 10 fluffy buns, green onion and sweet bean sauce. Another customer favorite is hot and sour soup which is made from scratch. If you cannot decide what to order, our friendly and helpful staff can help you choose something to suit your taste! On top of all our food offerings, we also carry various brands of beer and wine.We are a lively place for all sorts of gatherings, whether you’re eating out with family or catching up with old friends, please stop by for an amazing dining experience.
San Marcos
“B+”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

I want to give this place a really good review...but their service & food quality just isn't consistent. Its very hit or miss when I go- & I've been coming here for about 10 years. But even with their mistakes- its still one of the better chinese restaurants in austin.

Austin, Texas
“Excellent Chinese Food, Good Prices, Big Portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

Most of the time I have people come in from out of town I take them here. You can sit at a round table and have everyone order family style and the portions are so big that everyone will get some of everyone else's without having to worry about it. I recommend their traditional dishes like General Tso, Orange Chicken, and Mongolian Beef. If you are ordering alone, the Sizzling Beef plate is really good too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This place was awful. Everything was very tasteless. I dragged my poor friend here because a foodie friend gave it a...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

This place was awful. Everything was very tasteless. I dragged my poor friend here because a foodie friend gave it a glowing recommendation and we both thought it was awful. I had the pork BBQ and she had noodles with pork BBQ. Maybe if you're looking for authentic, but not for my tastes.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Austin, TX
“i love din ho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

a real crowd pleaser -- all the authentic chinese food to appease discriminating ethnic taste buds and novices alike.
my husband and i come frequently and find them to be fast, efficient, tasty and reasonably priced.
i highly recommend it!

East Texas
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

The food was very good,the service was terrible. A great place to share with the family.

Been to Din Ho Chinese BBQ? Share your experiences!