“consistently good”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I are HUGE fans of Mikado. It has been our go-to sushi spot for over 8 years now. The Hottie Susan is my very, very favorite but I have never had anything that I didn't love. Oh, and the owner, Mark, is super nice.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was by far one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten Sushi! The waitress was prompt, friendly and well informed on the food. She made suggestions that were excellent for both myself and the company I had with me on this visit. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

It just doesn't get better than Mikado. I learned to enjoy sushi in NYC where there a sushi bar on every corner and the best other than Tokyo and Mikado is just as good. AWESOME SUSHI.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Who would've thought Austin would be a hot spot for sushi, but that seems to be the case these days with the attention placed on restaurants like Uchi. Mikado is a lesser known option, but the quality of food is pretty high -- without the long waits or pricey tab at the end.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

There were flies around the restaurant. The sushi came and it was warm to the touch, and appeared to be sweating. The sushi chefs kept the sushi case doors open as they worked and talked for several minutes. There was no condensation on any of the sushi glass cases, even after the doors were open for a good 10 to 15 minutes. If you have a elderly person or person with a compromised immune system. Do not go to this place, mikados.

1  Thank 123welovetraveling