“Melt in your mouth”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Cross street: Burnet Rd
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I went here after the recommendation of the dealership while I waited for my car to be serviced. I had lunch here and its a popular place. The service was very good. I love Sea bass and theirs was very good with an Asian twist, it melted in my mouth. The dessert was good also but I dont remember what it was.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Talk about a confused corporate identity! Bartlett's used to be a Houston's and was apparently sold. Of course, Houston's is now mostly Hillstone, renamed for who knows what reason. Reminds me of New Coke. Whatever. The menu is Houston's/Hillstone all the way with one great exception - skillet beans. They have disappeared from the H/H menu and their appearance on this menu makes all other flaws go away. Everything that we had was fine except the double cut pork chop, which was dry as only an overlooked pork chop can be. The ribs were great as usual. The slaw here is better than corporate H/H. Hooray for the skillet beans!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went to the restaurant with some Austin regulars. I had the merinated ribeye at the suggestion of one of my party. I have to say for $35 for that steak and a baked potato, I will try something different next time as the steak was overcooked and was not that tender.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The only problem with eating at Bartlett's is trying to decide what to eat, because it is all soooo good. I've never had a bad meal here. The ribs are scrumptious. The french fries thin and tasty. The spinach and artichoke dip is the only way I can get my kids to eat spinach, they love it! Their salads are huge and tasty, my personal favorite is the grilled chicken salad - YUM! I'm not a big salad person, but I love their salad! When in season, the grilled artichokes are to die for. I'm serious, you cannot go wrong at this restaurant. The burgers are good, not too fat or thin. And did I mention the thin yummy french fries?! I'm getting hungry just typing this review. You will not go wrong eating here. And yes, as one review I saw mentioned, the lighting is dim, so if you need to, have a flashlight app on your phone.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of our favorite destinations for lunch; their service is impeccable since the servers act as a team. Our favorite is the Club Salad with chicken, avocados, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard dressing; request a complementary slice of cheese bread with your salad. The prime rib is offered in two cuts (lunch & dinner portions); either is excellent and served with a creamy horseradish. They offer selection hamburgers which are delicious and enormous. They always have daily fresh fish and other entre specials. If you are there on a Tuesday have a bowl of Clam Chowder; it is the best! They open for lunch at 10:45 AM and from 11:30 AM there is usually a wait.

1  Thank Ello0491