“My Favorite place to go on Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hai KY

Hai KY
Ranked #698 of 3,683 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South Austin
Austin, Texas
“My Favorite place to go on Lunch”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This place is located right by where I work. I always enjoy going here. The food is really tastey and the price is right. The people there are very nice and always say hi to me. I usually get the same few items, however whenever I expand, I am never disappointed. I would come here every day if I could afford it. This is a must have for someone who wants good Vietnamese food!

• Visited April 2012

USA
“Don't Waste Your Time Here”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Unfortunately this new restaurant opened in the prior location of the fabulous Triumph Cafe whose owner was tired and closed on his own terms.
The food quantity and quality are both lacking. The shrimp spring roll was about 2/3 the size of the predecessor, had small pieces of shrimp rather than whole shrimp and cost the same.
The pork in the vermicelli was over cooked and the pieces were tiny. Finally the iced tea arrived with a few pieces of ice floating on the top and the refill was the same.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank FunTraveler25
Austin
“In love with this place in Westlake!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I love, love, LOVE Hai Ky in Westlake!! My co-workers & I go there or order take out for lunch at least once a week. They have the best thai food ever. Everything is ready super fast, the prices are excellent, and the food is so freaking good! I cannot say enough about this place. If you haven't been you are missing out. Everything on the menu is good. I love the Buddha Delight make your own stir fry with chicken and vermicelli, number #95, and #96 with the crispy noodles. They also have great salads & vericelli bowls too. Serviously - everything is soooooo good! One of my favorite lunch spots!

• Visited September 2011
Austin, Texas
“I make Homer Simpon's drooling noises when I think of Hai Ky”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I'm eating at Hai Ky in less than 12 hours and I cannot wait. I've been about 6-7 times in the past few months and have always been pleased with the service, the friendliness of the waitstaff, and the fresh, delicious food! My boyfriend always get the Pho which he raves about. I like to get the Beijing Noodles or...the #100? The #80? The names don't matter to me--I remember the number and am delivered a plate or bowl of Asian food heaven! I'm a vegetarian, and their vegetables are fresh and diverse, and their tofu has a wonderful texture. It's almost crispy, yet still tender--no spongy, tasteless blocks here! All their food is served with four bottles of sauces--Sriracha, hot chili sauce, fish sauce, and soy or Hoisin sauce. Portions are plentiful and prices (for me) run about $8. I love little gems like this housed away in a seedy E. Oltorf strip mall between Oat Willie's (an Austin institution/head shop) and a laundromat. Keep Austin yummy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Another awesome place for pho. Usually about a dollar more in price than a place down the street. Good spring rolls.”
Reviewed September 23, 2008