“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a great place and would definitely go back. It was very crowded, but then again it was during SXSW.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed eating there for the 3rd time. Their tamales are really good and the service is nice. The one thing I hate is finding parking but that's the case in that area, so it's no real reflection on the establishment.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Enjoyed an early lunch at Guero's before the big lunch crowd hit. Super cool inside, every aged out and funky. I ordered the taco plate -- one al pastor and one fish taco. The food was good but not great, however, you go here for the location and experience. Would love to check this place out in the evening next time, I'm sure it would be a very different experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Food was just average and margarita uninspired. Kid menu choices limited. Other than the front room, the decor was a little boring. I was hoping for fun experience and was underwhelmed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had high hopes for Guero's after all the high praise I had read in reviews. Unfortunately the experience was disappointing and came no where close to living up to the expectation.

Now I will preface this by saying we went during the Formula 1 weekend, so they may have been busier than normal and not been able to deal as well, but for a place as big as they are, I thought they would be able to cope better.

The main problematic area was the service. Our waiter was abrupt and slightly standoff-ish. He also disappeared for long times during which we didn't see him at all. Hunting him down at the end for the bill was harder than doing so in a restaurant in France. Our food also took ages to come even though we had simple tacos. Our drinks were also very slow and partially melted by the time we got them.

The food was not bad, but nothing to rave about either. Our tacos were fairly dry and the chicken was not very flavorful. We had definitely had much better tacos in Austin.

1  Thank Tyler L