“Sunny day downtown”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Me and some old friends went here for a bite one day. They had been before but I hadn't. I was slightly irritated because of some of the prices for a taco but only because I assumed it would be just as good as most Mexican food is in Austin. But when I say my taste buds haven't been the same since, it's no joke! I had the pulled pork enchiladas and they were AMAZING! Classic Austin... You never know what'll surprise you next!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Recommended by a friend, and SO glad we tried Guero's.
Best fish tacos I have ever had.
Good service...prepare to wait for your table. But worth it.
A bustling happening place.
We loved it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped by Guero's for breakfast. The food was awesome and very reasonable (especially for near downtown Austin). Parking was much easier than 6th street. It took a little while to get our food once we ordered, but the place was packed. The waitress was great, kept the chips and salsa full, our drinks never ran dry. This is definately a do-over for us everytime we visit!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My brother and I went here on a recommendation from a friend who swore they had the best tacos in Austin. We sampled the Al pastor and the queso fundido amongst many other treats - like the flan - and weren't disappointed. The vibe and the food are two strong thumbs-up. Compared to the other two places we tried in town I have to say Guero's was the best for my taste and wallet!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Enjoyed the busy atmosphere of this historic eatery. Good spinach & mushroom enchiladas as well as good cold Cerveza!

Been to Guero's Taco Bar? Share your experiences!