“Beyond TexMex”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Curra's is an Austin institution. Great Mexican food beyond enchiladas and fajita--although they have those too. Great selection of beer on tap.

They would have gotten 5 star if it weren't for their stinginess with the chips & salsa ( $1.99) and the tortilla served with our appetizer (we could only get 3 at a time for a table of 5).

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We go to Austin every other year for work. I always go there at LEAST once. Usually twice in a five day visit. Do not miss this great little place. Right off the highway.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had high hopes for this place and the food was decent but not very impressive. They didn't have any hot sauce available that was hot but they did give us some habenero sauce which was surprising not very hot. The tamales were too meaty for my taste, the pork in coca cola was good but just didn't stand out. We got one meat in a coffee bean sauce that was better than the other items, but overall there wasn't much memorable here.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I just love Tex-Mex and since I moved away, I just love to come back to Austin and enjoy it!! Curra's is a popular, busy restaurant for a good reason... it is really GOOD!!! What can I say... I had a good time there and will go again.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Poor service, run of the mill food. Greasy, not fresh-tasting. It's noisy; inside and outside on the "patio". ( on a busy street next to a gas station, where fumes can be smelled on occasion if you are outside)

Been to Curra's Grill? Share your experiences!