“Some of the most amazing Italian I've ever had!”
Review of Vespaio

Vespaio
Ranked #46 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Some of the most amazing Italian I've ever had!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My three girlfriends & I stopped at Vespaio one Saturday night during a girl's trip to Austin. While the restaurant was crowded, the service was absolutely great and the atmosphere was inviting. Two of my friends are pregnant, so the bartender made them delicious "mocktails" (and only charged us $2 each for them) & our waiter helpfully answered our questions about the menu. We had the caprese bruschetta, which there are no words for. I think it defined what "fresh mozzarella" means to me. We each ordered something different, and all of our entrees were absolutely spectacular. The spaghetti carbonara and pasta with mussels garnered particularly rave reviews. We didn't have dessert, simply because we were too full, but it's definitely something to save room for the next time I'm in Austin. I can't wait to pay another visit to Vespaio!

Salmon Arm, Canada
“Not bad, but…”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Based on the accolades bestowed on this restaurant by various reviewers we decided to give Vespaio Ristorante a try and while nothing was really bad, we left feeling that all aspects of our dining experience were executed better in other establishments we have visited. From the crowded seating arrangement, as well as overly loud atmosphere and mixed service (excellent from one waiter, not so much from the another) to the food (fish special was done properly, but was lacking the flavours one would expect, as did Carpaccio and our pastas, which was peculiar since the best Italian cuisine is based on simple flavors and freshest ingredients) we could not shake our slight, but consistent, disappointment.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank rozlun
New York City, New York
“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great food, friendly, decent service, good decor. The martinis were watery, but you can't have everything.

NJ
“Excellent!`”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Italian food (I know, I know, booo hiss! haha) but this place was really good. We went to the full restaurant side not the cafe. It was busy, Friday night, but we were seated after a half hour at the bar. The bald guy working the bar knows his wine so if you're a connoisseur definitely ask him for a run down on what's what.

Our service was prompt and attentive. We started with the Calamari Fritti Arrabbiata as an appetizer. It was delicious. Some places can manage to mess up Calamari but this isn't one of them. I had the Insalata Spinaci for my greens and it was delicious. For my main I had the Scaloppini Di Vitello Con Cinzano. Like I said, I'm not a huge Italian fan and I don't eat much pasta. However, this dish was excellent. The veal was tender and tasty and the pasta was awesome. Very garlicky but very, very good. Could possibly rank as the best pasta dish I've ever had that's how good the pasta tasted. If all pasta was this good, I'd be a much bigger fan of Italian! ha. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food.

Bottom line, if you're on South Congress and you're hungry... you can't go wrong at Vespaio.

Austin, Texas
“One of Austin's best”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Vespaio is our favorite restaurant in Austin. We live 24 miles out of town but visit Vespaio on a regular basis. We have our favorite dishes on the regular menu, but the specials are always different and always very very delicious. Go early as it gets busy always and if you can't get in go next door to the Inoteca. Love the staff also !

• Visited May 2013

Been to Vespaio? Share your experiences!