“Great food, ambience of Austin”
Review of FoodHeads

FoodHeads
Ranked #361 of 3,971 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Description: FoodHeads is an Austin original featuring wholesome & fresh sandwiches, soups, salads, breakfasts and more. Freshly baked breads are delivered to FoodHeads daily from local bakeries and we use only the finest quality deli meats and cheeses. Our soups, salads, and sides are all handmade from scratch. We pack our own pickles, bake our own beans, and make our own mustard. Simply put, it doesn't get any fresher. If you're looking for a new breakfast spot, check us out. Start your day off right with specialty coffee, breakfast tacos, egg scrambles and sandwiches, enjoying it all either inside or out on our outdoor patio. Have an event coming up? Leave it to FoodHeads for full service catering including venue rental, bartending, and box lunches. Ask us today how we can make your gettogether a delicious success. FoodHeads has been making sandwiches in Austin for over 20 years! We keep it fresh, clean and local.
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This is a great soup and sandwich shop, outdoor seating. The soups were delicious, had the tortilla, but the lentil and spice was great, too. Bread was fantastic. This is a 5 star Austin Sandwich shop.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently ate here with my cousin & had the Chicken Special with
"Grilled chicken breast on toasted telera bread with lettuce, tomato, avoado, feta cheese and tarragon mayonnaise."

Umm...I loved the surprising sweetness of the tarragon mayonnaise with the kick of feta. The telera bread (which looks like a fancy bun) was a nice addition to the chicken, lettuce, tomato (and my all time fave) avocado. If this sandwich only came with a side salad, would've been a perfect afternoon Austin meal.

Oo! Not to mention, they had this AMAZING coconut & almond local black tea. Like heaven literally was transformed into a beautiful southern tea. I LOVED it.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

My wife and I had lunch recently at FoodHeads. On the plus side, the portabella mushroom sandwich my wife had was excellent, as was my home made lemonade. However, the pastrami sandwhich I had, while having a very good taste, was very, very tough. You need to stay away from it. Otherwise, a nice university environment for good food.

Reviewed December 19, 2009

I love Food Heads! The Chicken Special is the best sandwich I've ever had.

Reviewed August 8, 2009

I love this place and have introduced friends and familly to it as they have the best and sometimes most unusual sandwiches in Austin. The salmon sald sandwich even if I always manage to make a mess of it. I have tried other options and all have been very good, including the eggplant sandwich. At a recent visit the place was packed and they were short handed, which caused the meal to take longer than usual. The manager took the time to come by our table to apologize for the delay and make sure everything was to our satisfaction, and it was. The hectic pace did not affect the food quality at all.

Been to FoodHeads? Share your experiences!