“Aweful”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Service horrible
Food below avg stale and served cold
Panang beef hard cheap meat
Shrimp basil frozen cheap shrimp
Service well let's put it this way after they served the dishes we had to remind them to bring plates. Then they brought two plates and it was four of us. (we ordered four dishes).
After I left the waitress actually had the nerve to ask why she wasn't tipped well, she actually came out side running after me. I tipped 10% she demanded 15. What a ridiculous place.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Austin is not much of haven for Thai food lovers, and Thai Passion is the best you can do in a relatively Thai-less town. I've never had a disappointing dish here--the larb is particularly nicely served. Spicing is good, if still a bit mild, and Thai Passion suffers from what most American Thai restaurants suffer from--ligntening up the spicing and increasing portion size in order to stay in business in a country that still judges food on quantity as much as quality. But at least Thai Passion makes an effort, and it shows.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Tried three apps- the spring rolls were excellent, rice balls were ok and the shrimp in a blanket were forgettable. I had the dancing seafood for a main course. The sauce was wonderful and a decent proportion of seafood in the dish, however the squid was super tough despite the score marks from the processing plant from which it came. Two others in our group had the panang curry which was passable. The winner at the table was the larb, which is a great dish to try. The service staff was nice and the decor about par for this type of restaurant. The order turnaround time was crazy fast, so following the advice of another trip advisor reviewer, we slowed the pace down which made for a more enjoyable experience. Would probably try somewhere else if looking for Thai again in Austin.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Any restaurant that brings out the appetizers and your meal at the same time gets a zero. So while I was eating my soup my main course was going cold. An appetizer comes first.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food and service here were quite good, and the value was excellent. It was not crowded. The atmosphere was not exceptional, but we enjoyed being able to share a good meal with some great tasting dishes.