“Blown away!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Austin
Cross street: Barton Springs
Reviewed March 10, 2019

My boyfriend and I were absolutely blown away by the food here. Each dish was completely unique and extremely light yet bursting with flavor. On top of that, our waitress was incredible. She gave the best recommendations and never felt rushed.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Nalani S
Write a reviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed March 4, 2019

We love sushi! We try it wherever we travel. A friend told us to go to Uchi and so we did and it was WOW! I rarely even say wow once when I go out to eat and Uchi was a 5 wower! 5 WOWS! We had the chef's tasting, I think it was called and man o man I just feel so lucky to have trusted Uchi to deliver the goods. I cannot wait to come back the next time we visit Austin.

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

Amazing restaurant. Many wonderful options. Lives up to the hype. Service is knowledgeable and superb. Highly recommend. Call way ahead because of popularity

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank ROCKYFER1958
Reviewed February 25, 2019

Let's be honest. There are many fabulous restaurants out there and chefs who can make amazing and inventive meals but what really sets a place apart from the rest is the service. From the moment she greeted us Molly made us feel like we were VIP's and it never waned even after about 100 questions. She suggested we try the tasting menu. Great idea at a sushi restaurant whose menu can be so expansive and overwhelming. Each course was unique and delicious. She convinced the "sake haters" in us to experiment with her suggestions and wow were we transformed in to sake lovers! They serve them to you in a small, square box. So fun! All in all, a wonderful place to dine while visiting Austin for the first time. It is definitely the hip place to "see and be seen".

1  Thank aubredhead
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

I love tasting menus!! And i do it when ever a restaurant has one. I love smaller bites and sampling the chefs/restaurants stars!! But, this was my first at a Japanese/sushi restaurant and it was well worth it!! One thing to note... the way they do the tasting plates is a hybrid of family style and individual plates!! Would absolutely go back. Also, our waiter, a 4 year veteran, was terrific and noted that he was one of the newer ones. That tells me a lot of the culture of the business!! Well done!

1  Thank Parham P

Been to Uchi? Share your experiences!