“The BEST sushi ever!!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Austin
Cross street: Barton Springs
Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

I’m not one to experiment with crazy fish. But I accepted the servers recommendations and loved every bit of what we ordered. We liked the shishito peppers, crunchy tuna, shrimp sushi. Definitely need reservations if you will wait for at least an hour.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed November 10, 2018

Finally dined here after many attempts with no availability. It was a pleasant experience but food and service only average. Not bad at all just underwhelming. UChi has long been the number 1 restaurant in Austin but we did not discover what all the hype is about. The prices were RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I have enjoyed much better sushi for 1/3 of the price.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank laurablackpack
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Uchi has a great atmosphere for a (fancy) date night. I enjoyed a night of excellent service, and very thoughtful small plates. Each dish my date & I shared was better than the previous one, and an absolute delight to eat. The mixed drinks were also really great! Prices are high, but the atmosphere and quality & creativity of the food are as well.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

My buddy and I decided we needed a night to crush ourselves in delicious food and celebrate the gift of friendship. Uchi was his choice ... but neither of us were prepared for the spectacular flavors and textures that graced our table. Sushi fan? In Austin. Treat yourself. Treat yourself well!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

We went out for a special occasion and wanted something 'different'. We chose Uchi and were we ever rewarded! The food was outstanding, selection totally unexpected and service impeccable!

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Uchi? Share your experiences!