“Best Sushi in Austin”

Neighborhood: South Austin
Cross street: Barton Springs
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Simply outstanding.
An excellent menu, outstanding presentation. Phenomenal attention to detail.
A little pricey but well worth the money.
Probably my favorite Austin restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate here in early July. We made a reservation via open table and we got the last reservation at 945pm. We got there a few minutes early and had to wait so we sat outside in the courtyard where there are cute wooden lawn chairs and tables. You can order drinks and small appetizers outside so that's nice. I got a cocktail that had strawberry puree, basil and sake. It was fantastic but tasted like there was no alcohol at all. I guess that's good for some people. When we sat down for dinner we had an excellent waitor. He was knowledgable about all of the food and gave us a little crash course of the menu. We ordered two dishes at a time. The plates are small and we shared everything. The dishes are very interesting, unique and well thought out. Everything we tasted was very good. I highly recommend the pork ribs. They cut the bones out for you and its very tender and tasty. You don't really find the typical sushi rolls here, which i loved. My husband especially loved the uniqueness of the menu because he doesn't like to get full on rice. The fish tastes very fresh and all ingredients are good quality. We finished the meal with dessert even though we were full. I had a hard time deciding between a hazelnut cannoli looking dessert with a white chocolate mousse inside and a homemade ice cream that was perhaps raspberry or something...or a citrus tart with a mint sauce and maybe a coconut ice cream that was homemade. Both were delicious but the citrus tart dessert stole the show. It was like a key lime pie on steroids. All of the dishes were esthetically beautiful. The prices on individual dishes is a bit pricey but i feel it was worth it. I would absolutely eat here again!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Really liked this place! TripAdvisor is never wrong. The number 3 ranking in Austin is warranted. Everything is meant to share. Highly recommend the shishito Peppers, pork belly, Wagyu beef on hot stone and salmon belly. Staff was so nice also!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018

I have eaten sushi all over North America. This is one of my favorites! I had a wonderful sushi dinner here recently. I sat at the sushi bar and had the sushi chef make me various plates. Was so good. Excellent! My mouth is still watering thinking about that meal. Cannot wait to come back. A must while visiting Austin. Thank you!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Always love sitting at the sushi bar and interacting with our sushi chef. Great fresh fish and well prepared

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Uchi? Share your experiences!