“Top notch as expected!”
Review of Uchi

Uchi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3,699 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Zilker Park
Cross street: Barton Springs
Houston, Texas
“Top notch as expected!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I live in Houston and it is clear to me that after eating at Uchi in Austin, it is far superior than the one here in Houston. The food is 100% better and the venue is also that much nicer. I guess being the original has its advantages. One thing you will have to do is make reservations at least a week prior. My wife and I went on a Saturday during happy hour and the prices you simply cannot beat. Our waiter was also very nice and knew the menu inside and out and recommended to us what to get on certain items. This is a definite must if you come to Austin.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
“Best of the best”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is wonderful. It is delicious, fun and you will see and taste the most delicious food ever prepared. The staff is terrific with suggestions, and you will not be disappointed. It is expensive but well worth it.

• Visited March 2013
Safety Harbot
“Lived up to hype”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I went there on TripAdvisors recommendation. I got there as it opened at 5pm and a rainy Tuesday. I still had to wait for a seat at the the sushi bar. However, it was well worth. I ordered from the social tastings menu. I had great off-beat sushi and Japanese dishes from pork belly to foe grois dishes. During these happy hour prices you could try a lot without breaking the bank. Problem was I couldn't try it all. I will go back when I'm back in town. The service was impeccable and I was given my own sushi chef who was at my disposal. Nice touch.

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Fushion Japanese in Austin”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place gets packed so try to make a reservation! I tried to get a reservation last minute and they didn't have any slots left so we just went to the restaurant and waited for a table. They have a nice bar area to wait and grab a drink.

We ended up sitting at the sushi bar (which I think is better since we can interact with the chef) and our chef was great and really hospitable. He even gave us desert on the house! The food quality is top notch, but it can be a little pricey. The "cold" selections were good, but not really worth the money so I wouldn't get those again. The rolls and nigiri were perfect. I would definitely go back.

Visited March 2013
Ponte Vedra, Fl
“Great staff attitude, good service and good food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stopped by for dinner on a business trip based on the TripAdvisor ratings, I was not disappointed. The staff was very pleasant and it was clear they cared. The food was attractively served, and it was great. We arrived at 6:30PM and it was crowded, we had a 20 minute wait which the receptionist was clear about. Bu the time we left at 8PM the crowd had dissipated. Just need to plan when you go if you do not want to wait.
I will return.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Uchi? Share your experiences!