“AMAZING - the whole experience!”
Review of Uchi

Uchi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3,708 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Zilker Park
Cross street: Barton Springs
Panama City Beach, Florida
“AMAZING - the whole experience!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a customer service oriented restaurant and I hope that Austin is proud! From the very beginning, my husband and I felt welcome and catered to. I had never been to Austin before, and my husband was there on business and he had been to this restaurant before.

We were lucky enough to get there before 6 PM, in time for sushi happy hour! They offered a small plate menu, so it gave us a chance to try a variety of different dishes, then we ordered off the main menu sharing the hamachi fried rice, the sake sashimi and edamame. Every taste and dish presentation was delightful. Our waiter Daniel recommended a spanish white wine - using the verdejo grape - which went perfectly with each dish.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas, United States
“Best Restaurant in Austin”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I go here every month. This is the best restaurant in town in my opinion although there are several others that are close seconds. The chefs here are always trying new things and welcome feedback. I love trying new menu items and experiencing the flavors. I think I've tried oysters over 20 different ways here. Sooo good.

Visited March 2013
Solana Beach, California
“Seriously, I never knew food could be SO great”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We took Steven H's advise and ate the brussel sprouts...what a great recommendation! The presentation is colorful and plentiful. You won't be disappointed. I hope that you end up here enjoying the food, service and atmosphere.
Side note, they gave us complimentary dishes...just because. We ate about 6 dishes between the 2 of us along with dessert and our bill was $60 - yes, $60. We were shocked, in a good way, when we got the bill.

Madison, Wisconsin
“A favorite”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Both the Uchi in Austin and in Houston are among the best restaurants I've been to. You must try the brussel sprouts - yes, brussel sprouts. They are a signature. Next, go mostly for the cold dishes, its what their known for, and are the most popular and flavorful dishes. If you're looking for a traditional roll, try the shag roll.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“There simply are no words”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every positive, wonderful, terrific review that you have read is true. AMAZING would be a good word. We had every item on the tasting menu and then some. Fantastic service, friendly attentive and accommodating. But the food, well, there are not enough words to do it justice. Run do not walk.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Uchi? Share your experiences!