“Seriously, I never knew food could be SO great”
Review of Uchi

Uchi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uchi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Zilker Park
Cross street: Barton Springs
Solana Beach, California
“Seriously, I never knew food could be SO great”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We took Steven H's advise and ate the brussel sprouts...what a great recommendation! The presentation is colorful and plentiful. You won't be disappointed. I hope that you end up here enjoying the food, service and atmosphere.
Side note, they gave us complimentary dishes...just because. We ate about 6 dishes between the 2 of us along with dessert and our bill was $60 - yes, $60. We were shocked, in a good way, when we got the bill.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Madison, Wisconsin
“A favorite”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Both the Uchi in Austin and in Houston are among the best restaurants I've been to. You must try the brussel sprouts - yes, brussel sprouts. They are a signature. Next, go mostly for the cold dishes, its what their known for, and are the most popular and flavorful dishes. If you're looking for a traditional roll, try the shag roll.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“There simply are no words”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every positive, wonderful, terrific review that you have read is true. AMAZING would be a good word. We had every item on the tasting menu and then some. Fantastic service, friendly attentive and accommodating. But the food, well, there are not enough words to do it justice. Run do not walk.

Newport, Oregon
“A great time and meal”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When it coms to food, I like to treat myself. I can't help it. I love the stuff. So I don't mind spending a lot of money on great meals...I can only review Uchi based on one night's experience but this is all to lead up to that Uchi was one of my favorite dining experiences ever.
In visiting Austin for only 36 hours, I made a last minute reservation for my husband and me; I was psyched that I was able to get us in only the night before we were there. When we were arrived there were throngs of people waiting outside, and in the bar-on a Monday night! Our table wasn't ready immediately, but it was a pleasant wait at the bar with our bartender who was friendly and informative about the wines and sakes. We moved to dinner, where we took up our table for a few hours and went through the tasting menu, adding on some plates that were interesting to us. Outstanding meal. The service was excellent, and the food was paced perfectly! Our server, Steve, was a pleasure and made us feel welcome and at home. Each person who dropped a new plate gave a brief description of what we were about to eat. And the food! The pork jowl plate was sensational-I far preferred it to the Bacon Steakie. The Machi Cure was another outstanding course. And starting with the Crudo was perfect. Even dessert (the Peanut Butter Semifredo) was stunning.
This was such a great dinner. I loved the casual atmosphere, the service that was down to earth and welcoming, and the food-delicious and interesting. Thanks, Uchi for a great night!

• Visited October 2012
“Best Sushi in Texas”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This isn't your typical rainbow roll or dragon roll place. They have super interesting nigiri and rolls. I was skeptical at first because I heard it was more "innovative" than traditional but they preserve the essence and perfection of Japanese ingredients and techniques in all their dishes.

As someone who frequents Japan and enjoys authentic and traditional sushi, I also enjoyed Uchi! It's def not the usual tacky fusion places you find in Texas that adds random chicken teriyaki rolls to their menu.

If you're in the mood for sushi- def make a trip here but plan early Bc rsvp's are hard to find!

Been to Uchi? Share your experiences!