“If you go get the grilled oysters...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Seafood Market

Quality Seafood Market
Ranked #300 of 3,668 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Description: Quality Seafood Market is Austin's premier fresh seafood restaurant, retail market, and wholesaler. We have been supplying Central Texas with the highest quality fresh and frozen seafood since 1938. Enjoy local favorites like gulf shrimp, oysters, and Texas farm-raised catfish as well as our chef's latest innovations, like grilled salmon with a lemon dill butter sauce or seared ahi tuna with a wasabi mustard glaze. Stop by our market for fresh fish (filleted daily) and live shellfish (oysters, lobsters, mussels, clams, and more). If you're a chef or caterer, contact our wholesale office, and set up an account today! With a recently added Food Truck, so check out our website to follow where you can find Quality.
Louisville, Kentucky
“If you go get the grilled oysters...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have always been a huge seafood fan. I love it all from sushi to shellfish to lake/stream fish. I could eat some form of it at every meal! That being said I am pretty critical when it comes to my consumption of seafood. While in Austin our friend took us to Quality Seafood Market on Fat Tuesday. The place was swarming with beer carrying patrons and the line to order was long and all the tables where full. We decided to stay since by the time we drove somewhere else we would have been able to order. After waiting in line for 30 minutes and listening to the "locals" bellowing at the barmaids for more beer we were able to order. I got the pan fried oysters, grilled oysters, fish, and clam chowder. The Chowder was rich and creamy with a decent amount of clams. The pan fried oysters were plump and juicy with a light breading...they were tasty! The fish...it was pretty much flavorless and disappointing. My brother didn't even finish his and he can put the fish away when he likes it! The win for the night was the grilled oysters. They were cooked perfectly and come out on the 1/2 shell bubbling with butter and parmesan cheese and where delicious! Overall based upon my travels, this place was above average but for the $60 I spent just for me on dinnner I expected it to be good. The atmosphere was loud and noisy...might have just been the night we were there but this place is recommended by me if looking for seafood in Austin.

1 Thank Nelrak

Copenhagen
“One of my best Food experiences in Austin.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great place, tasty food at a reasonable price. Service was very friendly too. I would have loved to visit once more, unfortunately they close pretty early on Sundays. I spotted alligator sausage at the seafood market. I would have wanted to ask if it can be ordered as well...

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great seafood in a friendly informal atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

You've gotta love a seafood restaurant which actually is also a seafood market. The floor is concrete and the atmosphere very family friendly and fun. The cooked seafood we ordered from the counter lived up to expectations. Delicious lemon pepper Talapia and the Seafood plate with catfish and cod was perfectly cooked. Good choice of sides and an endless supply of good Tartare Sauce too. On the Monday night we went they had a Dixieland jazz band. Lots of fun and some people danced.

Austin, Texas
“Good seafod in Austin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good seafood in landlocked Austin. Complete redo and expansion of interior dining area has made Quality Seafood a very pleasant experience for all ages. They have on oyster bar and but still have the regular bar where you can eat or drink or both. Daily specials with good prices. Parking lot still leaves a lot to be desired. Quality Seafood was a good dive, but not any more. It has gone more upscale.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“A quick visit to the coast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This experience is very much like a quick visit to the coast! I am not talking an exotic location. I am talking a small coast town where when you pull up in the parking lot and you smell the fish on the boats! I love this experience because it reminds of childhood vacas! The food is great-simple but good! The atmosphere, well, I have already explained that! Additionally, a recent renovation is fab! While Austin is not on the coast, you can experience it for an hour or so-including good beer on tap! Check it out!

• Visited January 2013