“Still funky!”
Review of Chuy's Restaurant

Chuy's Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 3,728 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Zilker Park
New York City, New York
“Still funky!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I love going to the bar, they used to call it "Bar Mil Pescados" (1000 fish) Self serve chips! The food is good, I had the burrito and it was huge! I love the funky decor and the silverware envelope with the prayers on it. It's kind of diner style service, fits the atmosphere. I'm a huge Elvis fan too.

• Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
“Fun, Cheesy Place”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The ambiance is what it is. You only have to look at the entrance to know what to expect. It's a fun place to have a casual dinner with and lots of noise. The self serve chips and salsa bar was great while we waited for a table (which did take a while) and sipped margaritas. My enchiladas were great, but SUPER spicy. Too much for my tastebuds :( I also really enjoyed the rice and beans. Overall, it was a fun place to go and the prices were amazing for the amount of food they served. Way too much food, but leftover Tex Mex will never go to waste!

Sisters, Oregon
“Deceiving from the road... Great food.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the lunch and atmosphere. The restuarant boasts a ton of personality flavored around Elvis and the tropics... A wierd but cool theme. The chips and salsa are awesome. Our server was friendly and quick. The main dish was great with robust flavor and presentation.

Austin
“Great value, but ambience ?”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

No, I don't really expect 'ambience' at Chuy's ! The food is fantastic and priced great for families. That's why there so many children running around the restaurant - literally. If you are looking for a great family experience - I highly recommend it. If you want adult conversation - forget it. The noise has never stopped me from going - I love it. We go every other week to enjoy the food and the families.

Wimberley, Texas
“A disappointing chain”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

In this land of Tex Mex, I'm not sure how this chain survives. Everything I've had there has been oversalted, microwaved, or has missed the mark in one way or another. Many better places to choose from.

Visited July 2012

Been to Chuy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!