“Great Austin Style TexMex!”
Review of Chuy's Restaurant

Chuy's Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 3,833 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Zilker Park
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Chuy's has great Austin style TexMex. My favorite location is at 183 and Duval. There is outside seating that is pleasant when the weather is nice despite being just off a busy street. I recommend the Texas Martini.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Chuys is fun because it always busy and good people watching. It is an Austin icon--open for roughly 30 years. The food is basic Tex Mex--not bad,not spectacular. Happy Hours are good time to visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Friends insisted we have a meal at Chuy's and I am so glad we made time to go. Had my 5 year old grandson with us, and it is kid friendly and noisy so he didn't bother anyone when he made noise! Crowded but only had a 15 minute wait. Good drinks, great service. Delicious chips, salsa and hot queso dip! My meal was fresh and delicious and the crazy atmosphere made it fun, lots of colorful art work and I felt like I had experienced a treat! IF ONLY Roswell, NM would add something this unique to our places to eat!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Next time you visit Austin and are hungry for Tex-Mex this is the place to go! The environment is busy and fun! The food was outstanding and the service was great. There is nothing not to like. Have a great margarita and some chips and salsa or dip to start, and then pick one of the great meals from the menu. We had sirloin tacos, fish tacos, and the Elvis Presley Memorial Combo. No complaints, great food! All you have to do is go, relax and enjoy a great evening with family/friends.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

If I could pick my last meal in life, Chuy's Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and sangria swirl margarita would be it! Chicken enchiladas smothered in Boom Boom sauce (kind of a mic of queso and their creamy jalapeño dressing). Chuy's is opening locations in LOTS of cities even outside of Texas these days, but this one in Austin is the original location and still my favorite. Chuy's is true Tex-Mex at its best in a fun environment. Can be crazy busy at this location, but they usually do a good job getting folks in and out and there's a large bar area to hang out in while you wait.

Been to Chuy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!