“Love all the color”
Review of Cafe Josie

Cafe Josie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Josie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Blanco
Description: Established in 1997, Cafe Josie strives to provide our guests with a memorable dining experience. We focus on using locally sourced ingredients to create innovative and playful dishes in a warm and relaxing atmosphere.The cafe is located in an old carriage house that was restored in the '60s into a restaurant space featuring antique doors and original brick floors. Happy Hour is 4:00pm - 6:00pm Monday thru Saturday, dinner starts at 6:00pm and Sunday Brunch is 10:30am - 2:30pm featuring live music in the yard!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We came here thanks to a tip from a young woman in Seattle, who was actually THE Josie as her founder father named his charming restaurant for her. We went for lunch and were both quite happy with the food (I had a delicious salad and dessert) and the ambience. Café Josie has bright colors and SW touches inside. The food is "new" American, fresh and light. It was fun just sitting there. We will go back again when in Austin. 6th Street is very busy, even at lunchtime, but we found street parking easily.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm no pro, but i'm experienced at tasting and eating. Cafe Josie let us in for an evening to remember, our first time to go to their monthly special event pairing of works from their chef/kitchen with a winery of note. It was wonderful. A great experience. The pairings were perfect and inventive; the winery's (Stag) products were outstanding across the board. This a comfortably real place that's serious about what they're doing but not TOO serious about themselves. Enjoy.

2  Thank willg
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We came in for lunch and had two appetizers octopus (ok) and the rabbit (really scrumptious). I had the scallops and they were amazing.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The service and tempo at Josie is very nice. There are a number of delightful appetizers on the menu and I have had some lovely fish there as well. However, there is way, way, way too much corn meal in every recipe. I was not prepared for my pan friend fish and every appetizer to be dipped in it. I would have liked this to be described on the menu with a bit more accuracy. It may be the specialty of the chef, but it flattens the menu. I was with a large group and tasted a variety of items on them menu. They were not distinct enough in flavor for me.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food was adequate,but the wine glasses were super heavy duty which was strange. The men's room was reeking of sewer gas which made my appetite diminish.