“Quality food, lovely setting, average service”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 3,737 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto Blvd.
Transit: Both public light rail & public bus system stop two blocks away by the Convention Center & the Hilton Hotel. Amtrak stops ten blocks away near Whole Foods headquarters.
Description: Fleming's Downtown Austin, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located beside the Austin Convention Center, near 6th Street, Holly, and South Congress.
Austin, Texas
“Quality food, lovely setting, average service”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife had given me a dinner here as a Fathers Day gift, which got delayed. My wife had the baked brie appetizer and really loved it. I had the onion soup which was very cheesy, which I love, but not much flavor. We shared a caesar salad which was above average but not great. We both had petite (8 oz) filet and it was very very tasty on its own. We bought the 3 sauces, and got the 3 complimentary sauces, none of which I liked much (and I am a sauce guy) but my wife did, and she usually avoids sauces. But the steak was tasty enough without sauces. I had a mushroom side order, tasty but not extraordinary. The dessert, a chocolate soufflé with molten chocolate interior, with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream and it was delicious.

Finally, the service was just adequate. I felt our server was rushing us, perhaps because we were a twosome in a both set for 4. His other tables had 4 and he took far more time with them, explaining the choices, pros and cons, etc. Took my dessert plate away without asking if I was finished, and I had to stop him to leave it for my last few spoonfuls. I tipped him accordingly

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
“Love at first bite.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I did not realize this place was a restaurant chain, nevertheless, it was a very nice experience. Good atmosphere. Very good steak and side dishes. Good wine list. Since having eaten at the Austin location I have dined at other Fleming's locations. The first experience in Austin was the best.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michael M
Lampasas, Texas
“Mixed Feelings About This Chain”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went with friends for dinner before a night in the city. Ambiance is okay, a little too dark for most of us. Three in our party couldn't read the menu without a smartphone light shining on it. Good thing too, the prices averaged on Tripadvisor are incorrect. Average cost per person is about $75.00. One rib-eye, one order of "Fleming's potatoes" to split, by the way skip that frozen reheated mess, one wedge salad and one bottle of red wine for four, not including tip. The steaks were okay, mine was a little over done, but I DON'T send food back...it's a thing with me. The flavor of the meat didn't "wow" me as I had hoped. I did taste my wife's filet, it was pretty tasty. If you're into really overpriced steaks, because..."that's what you're all about". This place is for you. I don't mind digging into my kids college fund for a good meal...this just wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

• Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“Wine and Steak-yes!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Delicious food and excellent service! Celebrated out anniversary and go a card and chocolate truffles.

• Visited May 2014
Colorado
“Holy Cow!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This food was great but man is it expensive!!! If you can afford $50-75 a plate for a meal this is the place to be! I had the steak and shrimp special that night and it was to die for. The mashed potatoes were some of the best I have ever had. Would definitely recommend this restaurant but don't go in here expecting regular prices! Make sure you also understand their family style side dishes before ordering as you might not get what you are thinking.

• Visited June 2014