“Flemings Steakhouse”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto Blvd.
Transit: Both public light rail & public bus system stop two blocks away by the Convention Center & the Hilton Hotel. Amtrak stops ten blocks away near Whole Foods headquarters.
Description: Fleming's Downtown Austin, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located beside the Austin Convention Center, near 6th Street, Holly, and South Congress.
Commack, New York
“Flemings Steakhouse”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good steakhouse, excellent service. I've traveled to a lot of steakhouses across the country and Flemings has always been very very good. Except for Peter Lugers this is a steakhouse I would seek out above others when going out.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Argyle, Texas
“Excellent food, Excellent service!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I came in town on a kid- free vacation from Dallas. We wanted a nice, romantic dinner and read the reviews on trip advisor about this place and decided to try it. One review said to try the bone-in filet which happened to be one of the specials when we were there. I ordered the 6 oz filet and my steak was incredible, seasoned perfect and tasted delicious. My husband ordered the bone-in filet (13 oz!) & it was BY FAR the best steak either one of us have ever had. It was absolutely amazing! We love to eat steak and being from Dallas we have had several nice steaks. But this place had outstanding steaks and the Flemings potatoes were awesome too! Our server, Chrissy, was super nice and gave us great service. The entire dinner was great & this will definitely be our new tradition of places to eat when we come to visit Austin!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ad1916
Tyler, Texas
“Good food, but plenty of screw ups”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I decided to eat at Flemings on a whim on a Saturday night. We were able to get a nice table in the bar. The attentiveness of the service was impeccable. We asked for the wine list - it was an iPad. Fun! But - it had issues. We finally decided on our wine & it was good. The wait staff later informed me the bone-in strip was sold out. So I got a regular Prime strip. Along with the steak, I ordered Fleming potatoes & asparagus. My wife was not too hungry so she ordered a salad & mushroom ravioli. The salad sounded great on the menu but was just some lettuce & a few walnuts. Not impressed. When our food came mine was perfect, but the ravioli was cold. We sent it back. The second time around it was very good. My steak was excellent w/great flavor cooked to perfection. The potatoes were fabulous. The asparagus was great! We finished & got the bill. Shock - it was $240. Whoa! It turned out that we were charged for both steaks I ordered although they only served me one & we had two orders of ravioli. The waitstaff corrected the bill but it was quite a comedy of mistakes, etc. the food made up for the screw ups

Visited November 2013
United States
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Loved the seared ahi appetizer. It had a smokey flavor. The Chipotle Mac and Cheese was a great side. The steaks and scallops were excellent.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Top 5 Steakhouse Meals”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had the bone in Filet. A cut I'd never had before. Was flavorful, cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. Quickly jumped into my top 5 favorite steak places.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lbouknight

Been to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!