“Outstanding French Bistro in Austin”
Review of Chez Nous

Chez Nous
Ranked #122 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A family owned and operated Casual French Bistro in downtown Austin since 1982
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Chez Nous has occupied the same little space just off of 6th Street in Austin for years...nothing has changed and nothing need to! It's not really an adventurous menu, but everything here is great. The prix fixe menu is a good deal and the quality of the food is dependable and excellent. A la carte menu is available, as well.
Superior 'team-style' service and a limited, but quality French wine list add to the appeal. Downside: it fills up quick, there's not much waiting room, and the downtown parking is what it is. Chez Nouz is one of my favorite restaurants in Austin.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner with a couple of friends to this place and we loved it, we had a bottle of sparkling pink wine, I had the trout and both of my friends had the bass. The food what excellent and the people were very kind and gave us good advice. The only bad I can say about the place is that since they don't have a computer the don't split any bills

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

French food is not normally associated with Texas, but if in Austin, Chez Nous is a must try. Excellent in every category. If I had not just walked in off of 6th Street, I could easily think I was in a small French bistro in France.

1  Thank Dennis10_51
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We've eaten at this Austin mainstay many times and we have never been disappointed. The service is very good and the staff is friendly and attentive. The food, particularly the duck confit, the steak au poivre and the lamb chops are excellent.

Every time we eat here we have the escargot, the salad Lyonnaise and we finish our meal with the best crème brulee ever...end of story.

You can bring your own wine and pay a modest corking fee or have one of the wines included in their small but good wine selection.

They have a very fairly priced pre fixe menu but most of the time we just order ala carte.

We've eaten at some fine restaurants in France but I have to say Chez Nous is just as good and a lot closer to home.

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This quaint little restaurant is not to be missed! Everything was wonderful from the fresh food to the delightful staff. The staff went out of their way for us. Make time to try Chez Nous!

1  Thank C G