“wonderfully enjoyable lunch”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A family owned and operated Casual French Bistro in downtown Austin since 1982
Phoenix, Arizona
“wonderfully enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We began our meal with a basket of French bread and butter. We added an appetizer sized Goose liver Pate which was one of four options. My wife had a simply prepared baked Pork steak accompanied by very fresh mixed vegetables. I had the crispy and very well done (fall off of the bone) Duck Comfit which also was accompanied by delicious vegetables. We couldn't resist ordering a side of their fresh cut pommes frites which were perfect! We have eaten at many French restaurants here and abroad...I cannot think of one I enjoyed more. Plus the help treated us as valued customers;-)

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Arizonafoodguy

“France in the heart of Austin”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've heard about this restaurant several times and being newly arrived to Austin from France, my husband and I wanted to test it))
We were surprised by the atmosphere of French brasserie/bistrot and by the quality of service and food. Profiteroles were sooo good that I will need to return to taste it once again (and go for an extra workout afterwards)!!!
I definitely recommend for those who loves French cuisine!
Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Rsofia
austin, tx
“Consistently good food and service”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

For more than 20 years now this place transports you to a country French dining experience.

It's a great value with familiar servers who work as a team.

My fav in Austin!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank robg9000
Oregon
“A Wonderful Treat”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I were in Austin the day after Christmas and having never been there, we weren't sure where to go for dinner. We found Chez Nous and were delighted with the atmosphere which reminded us of our trips to France. My husband ordered lamb chops; I ordered the trout and we shared the chocolate mousse dessert. Everything was delicious. When our server learned that we were from out of town, she suggested a side trip to Fredericksburg which we took on our return to Austin before flying home. Chez Nous is warm and cozy and just a perfect spot on a winter's night!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Maureen R
San Antonio
“Delicious dining in Austin”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This restaurant has excellent French food, but without the exclusiveness or heaviness one might think of when hearing of a French restaurant.
The snails (escargots de bourgogne) were absolutely delicious. The trout filet and the confit duck were excellent for lunch. The red wine was excellent. The service was impeccable. Austin has a culinary gem, and I just wish it were not an hour away.
If you want to impress your companion with your discerning taste and have a great meal as well, make this a destination for a special evening.

• Visited November 2012