“Fantastic, don't miss it!”
Review of Shady Grove

Shady Grove
Ranked #40 of 3,851 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Shady Grove is located in the heart of 78704 in Austin, TX. Nestled under the shade of a tall pecan grove, we have been serving up Austin-inspired home cooking, cocktails, sunshine and smiles since 1992. In the months of April through September, Shady Grove hosts KGSR's Unplugged at The Grove, one of Austin's longest running free live music series, every Thursday night at 8pm.
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Shady Grove has been our favorite place to eat in Austin for 20 years - it's such a great atmosphere, fantastic food (get the nachos and a hippie sandwich!) and great waitstaff. We like to eat indoors (Texas van be hot) but the outdoor patio is fantastic. You won't regret a meal here!!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The first time I had been to Shady Grove it had this very good vibe, loved the whole 60's trailer park feel. Had the chance to take my family on our recent trip to Austin and they fell in love with this place so much we went there twice in one week. most places after 12 years loose that something that makes it special. not the Shady Grove it still has it going on !! if in Austin check this place out you won't regret it

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Even though it was still hot when we sat down outside, the patio was great! Excellent craft beers and our food was really good. There was five of us and we had a ball. Very comfortable, highly recommend.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cool atmosphere in a cool location, but honestly the food stunk. The menu had a pretty good variety, but everything I ate tasted like something I could've cooked up (and I'm a terrible cook).

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have eaten here lots of times. Love the grilled chicken wings, but all the food is good. The outside seating under the shade trees is very popular so inside seating is usually not a wait. I have always had good serve at all the places I have eaten in Austin.