“Sunday Brunch”

Chez Zee American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Zee American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2222
Transit: Capital Metro Bus #19 stops in front of the restaurant
Description: Chez Zee combines a Parisian-style bakery with a casual American-style bistro and offers guests award winning dessert selections. We describe our menu as "American fare with an Austin flair". We have an ever-expanding lunch, dinner, and brunch menu, a full bar, as well as a private banquet party room to celebrate special occasions. All desserts are made on-site in our award winning bakery and all entrees are made to order with the best and local ingredients around. Come celebrate! with us. We're saving a chair for you!
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Although a Sunday brunch menu is offered, we did lunch salads which were very good. I started with a Mexican Corn Chowder which was excellent. The place was very busy and a short wait is possible. Service staff was pleasant and efficient.

ChezZee, Guest Relations Manager at Chez Zee American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Thank you so much! We always take reservations if you don't want to wait. But walk ins are always welcome. Thank you for checking in with us!

-Sarah

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have visited Chez Zee on a few occasions spread out over 2plus years. Every time I have gone, service has been prompt, food was warm and delectable! My favorite is the New Orleans Pecan Chicken. Their desserts are absolutely over the top! You will be miserably stuffed by the time you are done because the both the main course and desserts are so good you will want to clean your plate!
They have a grand piano and often have someone playing. This is a GREAT place for brunch, date night or quick lunch.
You won't be disappointed!!!

Thank you so much! Look forward to seeing you soon at Chez Zee!

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Average plate is about $20 for dinner unless you want a hamburger. Drinks are on target for most restaurants running at $2.50 each. Family of four had a meal for about $65. Steak salad was delicious, Portobello plate: portobello was good but the vegetables were wet and uninspiring. Stewed tomatoes were smashed. Everything even the onions were soggy. Children's mashed potatoes were real but dry. Grilled cheese sandwich was yummy. Fried chicken was okay. Broccoli was tasty. Only one stall in woman's restroom so kids had to wait for elderly women. Would probably only come back at brunch when prices are lower or we are getting free entree.

Thank you so much! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I love going to this place -- the atmosphere and decorations are wonderful and the food is always great. Whenever we go in the evening, they ask whether we are there for dinner or dessert, and if you are there just for dessert you still get an impressive menu. The lemon rosemary cake is lovely, and the Ooey-Gooey cake is awesome, but my personal favorite is Maida's cake! Brunch is also good (lots of Eggs Benedict variations and they are famous for their Creme Brulee French Toast ), but can be busy so make a reservation if you can, especially if it's a holiday.
Also - nearby is Mt. Bonnell and the peacocks at Mayfield park so it makes for a lovely date to grab dessert and some nice scenery.

Thanks for spreading the word! :)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I think of restaurants in Austin, TX., there are a few that come to mind, but my very, very favorite is Chez Zee because of the fantastic food, great atmosphere, and "on top of it" wait staff.
I don't live close to the Bistro, so I only get to treat myself a few times a year, and my mouth is watering long before I get there each and every time!! I absolutely love the look of the place, and would have loved to work there when I was in the entertainment business because of the over all ambiance and the white baby grand piano. In my opinion, you couldn't ask for a more well rounded dining experience for your money. It is moderately priced, and whatever you order will be severed in a timely manner, and have the most delectable taste ever! Give yourself a treat people!!! Go enjoy............put it on your list.........have a wonderful time. :) :) :)

ChezZee, Public Relations Manager at Chez Zee American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Yes! Treat Yo' Self! Very soon at Chez Zee!