“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”

Chez Zee American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Zee American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2222
Transit: Capital Metro Bus #19 stops in front of the restaurant
Description: Chez Zee combines a Parisian-style bakery with a casual American-style bistro and offers guests award winning dessert selections. We describe our menu as "American fare with an Austin flair". We have an ever-expanding lunch, dinner, and brunch menu, a full bar, as well as a private banquet party room to celebrate special occasions. All desserts are made on-site in our award winning bakery and all entrees are made to order with the best and local ingredients around. Come celebrate! with us. We're saving a chair for you!
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I found this restaurant through Open Table based on it's location and reviews. The food was good and somewhat unique. Everything was fresh and the dining experience was enjoyable. Their menu had everything from fried picks and crabmeat quesadillas to burgers and pizza to pasta and fish. Finally, their desserts were very good.

ChezZee, Public Relations Manager at Chez Zee American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Thank you so much! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've been to Chez Zee prior, but it's been about a year and a half since my last visit. I went to the restaurant on New Year's Eve 2013 with 6 friends for dinner. It was a fantastic experience. Our server (Brittany) was on top of everything and was on-hand when we needed more bread, another bottle of wine, etc. All 7 of us loved our meals (surf & turf, chicken friend steak, gorgonzola jalapeno pasta, prime rib, New Orleans Pecan Chicken, Pecan crusted salmon, and the Chicken Adrano). My meal was the Chicken Adrano and it's the best meal I've had in a long time. The chicken was perfectly cooked and tender, and the sauce with mushrooms, artichoke hearts and capers was magnificent. We were too full for desserts, but I know from experience that the sweets are out-of-this-world good.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it so much!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I enjoy this place! So much so every Austin visit finds me here. I live on the east coast and have even given a party here for my cousin who lives on the west coast. Anything on the menu will be good. It's the choice that is difficult.

Yes! We love that description! Thank you! :)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Well-known hotspot, perfect for groups looking for a lunch menu that will leave no person hungry. The cakes are to die for, but the size of one piece is enough for three or four to share.

ChezZee, Guest Relations Manager at Chez Zee American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Thank you so much! :)

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We live in Houston and were in Austin for the weekend so picked Chez Zee for brunch after reading many wonderful reviews. Maybe it was an off day, but our food was very disappointing. Had the creme brûlée French toast which was dry and only so-so. Then Eggs Benedict which was tasteless and overdone. Potatoes were dried out and uninteresting. Two others with me ordered omelettes and both were overlooked and the crabmeat appeared frozen as opposed to being fresh as stated on the menu. All in all a disappointing experience so I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank houstontravelingfool

Thank you for your comments. I will review them and make sure the food is up to par! Thank you.