“Just great!!”

Chez Zee American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Zee American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 3,737 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2222
Transit: Capital Metro Bus #19 stops in front of the restaurant
Description: Chez Zee combines a Parisian-style bakery with a casual American-style bistro and offers guests award winning dessert selections. We describe our menu as "American fare with an Austin flair". We have an ever-expanding lunch, dinner, and brunch menu, a full bar, as well as a private banquet party room to celebrate special occasions. All desserts are made on-site in our award winning bakery and all entrees are made to order with the best and local ingredients around. Come celebrate! with us. We're saving a chair for you!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just great!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

They brought out on the house crossiants. We ate creme brûlée French toast appetizer. Never had any French toast as this. Must have!
Also had goat cheese omelette and migas. One of the best. Especially the goat cheese.
Desert..... Lemon rosemary cake!

Service also was pretty good. Had 20 min wait but was worth it. Great atmosphere and decor.

ChezZee, Guest Relations Manager at Chez Zee American Bistro, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you so much!

“Awful!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I came here for dinner after reading all of the reviews about how great this place is. The ants on our table should have been a sign to walk out before our drinks were delivered but alas we stayed. Drink orders were wrong...not sure what's so confusing about bringing out an iced tea. The waitress seemed a bit "off" and was rude. The food was downright disgusting. Neither of us ate more than 1/4 of our food. With so many great food choices in Austin, avoid this place unless you want horrible service and food that is inedible.

Hi Tiffany! I am so sorry about what happened. I am not sure what happened but I do apologize. We have totally different standards than those mentioned. I apologize that we fell short that evening. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you what we're about! Thanks again for checking in!
“Creme Brûlée French Toast”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Delicious! Nice austin feel and wonderful food. Our service began bad without someone approaching our table for quite some time, but another waiter came over and was absolutely excellent. I came simply for the creme brûlée French toast and it was delicious! Will definitely return to try other menu items.

Please do return if you haven't already! Thank you for checking in!
Middletown
“Unexpected Delight”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect and was really glad I accepted the invitation for brunch to this bistro. The french toast was over the top. Check it out.

Thank you so much!
Harker Heights, Texas
“Lunch was great..”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went here for a Valentines day lunch, and we had a hard time selecting from the menu. From the appitizer alone there was only 1 dish I was not intrested in. From the entree and other sections everything looked great. I ended up getting a crabcake sandwich which was good. We had a torte cheese ball for the appetizer, which was really good as well. The only thing I guess I could say no drink menu. The waiter only suggested 2 drinks, tea or hibicus tea.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you! I will make sure the servers suggest different drinks. That is a great point! I hope you will be back to see us again for our extensive wine and beer and cocktail list as well as our great Happy Hour Menu! M-F 3:30-6:30.
Thanks again for checking in! :)