“Confusing”

Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was a bit confusing on how to get to this restaurant as there are two restaurants in one - one Chinese and the other Japanese/Sushi. We walked in through the Japanese/Sushi on the lower level and climbed the stairs to the Chinese part of Chinatown. The food was typical Chinese with no unusual items on the menu. My dining partner is a very "non-exploratory" diner and ordered Sweet and Sour Chicken which the server delivered and referred to as "Chinese Chicken Nuggets" I'm not sure if this was a slam on the Sweet and Sour OR the diner? Service was not anything out of the ordinary either. All in all an "average" Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a sit down meal here on our visit to Tenby as we had been before ...lived up to expectations, had a wonderful meal, nicest Chinese food we,d had in a long time, staff were very welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been a loyal patron of the Chinatown Greystone restaurant since they opened in 1986/87 -- but not anymore. Over time they have gone down hill with regard to food quality and cleanliness of the restaurant. The soup is watered down, the entrees are often served luke warm, and the mini blinds and glass wine cellar walls are covered with sticky hand prints & left over food splatter. Yesterday's General Tso's chicken was full of gristle and there was food on the floor from previous day. I would hate to see what the kitchen looks like. This presentation is unacceptable and I blame the owner & management for allowing a notable restaurant to degrade to this level. I'll never go back again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

While I agree with the posted reviews of Chinatown's Dim Sum, a recent visit has completely changed my opinion of this restaurant. My husband and I decided to do Take-out on a Sunday evening at 6pm. There were only a few cars in the parking lot, so we knew it would be pretty quick and painless. We took a seat at the bar, got the menus, ordered a drink and placed our orders. Fried Pork Dumplings, Kung-pao Chicken, Moo Shu Pork, Xtra Moo Shu Crepes, Beef w/ Brocolli and (at the bartenders recommendation an order of Basil Chicken Dumplings. Our food came out after about 15 min. The bartender Jill (very sweet girl) told us she had given us extra plum sauce for the Moo Shu. We thanked her, tipped her well and went home. So upon arrival we pulled the food out of the bag. We were missing the Moo Shu Crepes, Plum Sauce and the Basil Chicken Dumplings. (The one's she told us we HAD to order!)

I called the restaurant and told them about the missing food and was told that we have a credit for our next visit. No problem, I thought. But then we sat down to eat the food that HAD made it in the bag. The Kung-Pao chicken was a dental nightmare. I had 2 bones that I bit down on, my husband had one bone in his. These weren't tiny, either. About the size of a finger nail! The beef with broccolli had a weird taste and aroma like cleaning fluid. It was really oily, too. The Pork Dumplings wrappers were thick and doughy, and were undercooked. We had Moo Shu, but of course, no crepes or sauce. We ended up throwing it all away.

So even though the restaurant offered us credit on the missing items, we both agreed that it's not worth it if the food was this bad. Next time I want Chinese food, I'll go to the REAL Chinatown and skip this place. I value my teeth.

1  Thank Katie s
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have been coming to Chinatown for years and have yet to be disappointed...the food is outstanding and we havent been able to find a better chinese restaurant anywhere....this is authentic chinese....beautiful view, wonderful service and amazing food....what more can you ask for !!

3  Thank lalmirch22

Been to Chinatown? Share your experiences!