Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Highlight of bachelorette weekend

Deaton worked closely with us to create the perfect adventure for our bride-to-be and her friends... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Veronica L
The Highlight of Our Trip to Texas

Touring Austin with Deaton on a beautiful day was absolutely the highlight of our weeklong trip to... read more

Reviewed January 3, 2019
hrbu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Recommended experiences in and around Austin
from $37.90
from $75.99
from $25.00
More Info
All reviews homemade granola perfect guide comfortable ride hour ride took pictures explore austin lay of the land great ride awesome tour barton creek highlight of our trip hill country food truck south congress helmets adam route
Reviewed October 22, 2017

I recently had to plan a biking event for a group I'm in and chose to use Texas Bike Tours in Austin. Such an awesome company and such a great time was had by all! Deaton, the owner of the company, was so much fun to work with and was so creative and thorough that I didn't have to do a thing. It's clear Deaton has done her homework because she thought of/took care of everything: where to leave your car; bike rentals; bike maintenance if you use your own; gourmet snacks in case your energy lags en route; etc, etc, etc. Then came the actual bike ride--everyone raved about all the fun they had and the amazing route Deaton planned. Deaton told me her goal is to make riding a bike fun again, and I think everybody who participated in this TXBT outing would say that SHE SURE DID! Definitely a 5-star outing!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2017

In looking for a bike tour in Austin for a friend’s birthday, I happened upon Texas Bike Tours. Deaton personalized the tour to my friend’s interests, ability and time frame! I highly recommend Texas Bike Tours. They exemplify everything that makes Austin such a special place.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Deaton took time beforehand to learn what we wanted and our biking level. She was a great guide, fun and informative. It was very interactive and focused on what we wanted to do. She even went the extra mile, literally, when the chain on my rental bike broke to get me a replacement bike.

Don't worry that you have to create the tour from scratch either, Deaton sent us some example tours and we picked what we wanted from there.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed June 26, 2017

I found TXBT through this site (Tripadvisor) and, after looking at this and other bike tours, had a good feeling about this one. That good feeling was right, as I had a memorable 4-hour bike tour of Austin with Deaton the morning after my late arrival into Austin the night prior. A rare summer rain broke the heat right at the time of our roll-out, yet Deaton still met me in the pouring rain with my bike ready to ride, complete with helmet, homemade granola, and water w/ electrolytes. I didn't really need the water, though, on such a cool and pleasant morning as the rain let up and we biked from South Congress towards the Colorado, through downtown and 6th Street, the Capitol, and back to south Austin. Along the way Deaton showed me local art and pointed out historical tidbits of some of the older buildings we passed by (I had expressed an interest in local history), also showing me some great vantage points of the Austin skyline at various points in our trek. Deaton took some great photographs from the ride (included in the tour) and uploaded them for me. My time in Austin was short and every moment was precious, but I could not think of a better way to get introduced to the city than through TXBT. I'd be remiss if I didn't take up TXBT again on my now inevitable next trip to Austin, but this time tackling the Hill Country to the west.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 30, 2017

This was an amazing tour that was customized not only to fit the locations we wanted to see, but matched to our personalities. Through email correspondence, Deaton learned about our group (two couples) and laid out the perfect route for us. The route included some of the tourist hotspots, but even better, included off the beaten path sights that suited us well.

Deaton met us with bikes, helmets, water, and a tasty granola bar ready to go. She was so upbeat and friendly. She was as excited about us going on the tour as we were. Every detail was pre-planned and executed by Deaton. We did not have to do anything but show up!

Jacob was our personal tour guide. He was incredibly friendly and did a wonderful job taking us around the city. He gave us great information about the sites we were seeing. He made the tour so much fun, we really didn't want the tour to end!

We booked this tour for the first morning of our 3 day stay. We learned quickly that this was a smart move. Many of the places we visited during our stay were already pointed out on the bike tour. It made Austin feel comfortable to us, and we even looked into some of the fun Austin locales based on what we saw on the tour.

We ended our tour at a brewery, per our request. Deaton met us in the parking lot with cool, rosemary scented cloths to refresh ourselves with, along with an awesome, locally crafted, and designed by Jacob, bicycle key ring to keep as a memento of our ride. Deaton and Jacob returned our bikes for us, again, doing all of the work.

In addition to everything, Jacob took photographs of our group throughout the tour. By the end of the day, we had a link to a Google Drive folder with all of the photos, for no additional charge!

Texas Bike Tour provides more than just a tour. It is a personal experience suited to meet your needs and desires. We found a diamond here! The tour was the highlight of our trip!

Date of experience: May 2017