“Amazing!!!”

Ranked #647 of 3,738 Restaurants in Austin
San Antonio, Texas, USA
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The best little tacos ever! Get the special of 6. I got 3 fajita and 3 bistek. Super good. Be prepared to wait as they are not the fastest. Parking can be a pain too. But, don't let those things stop you from trying this place!

• Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
“Hangover cure!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nothing to dislike really. I wasn't expecting the tacos to taste SO GOOD. After the damage we did on 6th Street we needed something in our stomach. Their bistec and desebrada tacos were the BOMB! One of the red salsas was amazing, pretty dang spicy and nice flavor. I had cantaloupe water and it was pretty dang good. The staff was so nice and friendly! I love this place!!

Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Go here. Order the Especial.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to this place since we were at UT when it was a food truck. We would stumble over and order in "Peggy Hill" Spanish the Especial with green salsa. We would (and still do) lovingly call them "dog tacos" because we thought that was the likely source of the meat. In 12 years I've never ordered anything else and have absolutely no interest in doing so.

Being Hispanic and from San Antonio as well as living in CA I have had every possible form of Tex-Mex and am permanently burned out on tacos, enchiladas, refried beans, etc but this place is close to my heart.

• Visited February 2012

Been to El Taquito? Share your experiences!