“Great time good food and beer”
Review of TopGolf Austin

TopGolf Austin
Ranked #9 of 64 Fun & Games in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Topgolf is the premier golf entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets your favorite local hangout. Challenge your friends and family to addictive point-scoring golf games that anyone can play year-round. Score even bigger with Topgolf's extensive food and beverage menu that is sure to impress even the pickiest foodies.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Went with my inlaws, wife and 1 yr old. Golf was fun food was great and Kid friendly. Fun for the whole family don't have to be and expert golfer to have fun. I recommend this place for great family time

All reviews
"driving range"
in 19 reviews
"golf balls"
in 12 reviews
"golfers and non golfers"
in 4 reviews
"novice"
in 5 reviews
"challenges"

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We came here for a going away party from work. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. The golfing was fun, the food was pretty good, and the drinks were good. When I first got there, happy hour was almost over. The staff was really great about getting me into a slot before the happy hour prices expired, which was very nice of them. The only problem was that the person who was helping us would leave for extended periods of time. I know he had other groups he was helping, but it took a really long time to get checked out.

Meghan H, Manager at TopGolf Austin, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Hi there, Thank you so much for your feedback! It is great to hear that you truly enjoyed your experience with us at TopGolf Austin. If you have a chance, would you mind emailing me personally? I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your service, as we are always looking for opportunities to coach, and improve our service. I can be reached at Meghan.hanna@topgolf.com

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were in town from Las Vegas to attend the the Formula 1 race. We had already been to most of the BBQ joints and we're looking for something else to do. I found TopGolf on trip advisor and realized I had seen it from the plane on the way in. I called for some quick information and we decided to check it out. The place was pretty busy when we got there. They were having a party celebrating opening their tenth location. They were having raffles, music and drink specials. We asked the girl at the door how it all works. She was very knowledgable. We walked around the place and decided to eat first. We sat at the bar had some beers and a really good burger, the sunrise, while watching football. After wended up playing games in the driving range for nearly 2 hours. My friend that I went with is an experienced golfer and even he enjoyed the games they had to offer. The staff in the driving range areas were more than friendly. Afterwards we went down to the "longhorn lounge " and played some shuffleboard.

We were both really happy that we checked out TopGolf. It was a great way to end our trip here in Austin. If we come back we will go here again. And we are excited to hear they have plans for a Las Vegas location,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to not only TopGolf, but Austin as well! We look forward to hosting you in our beautiful facility and city soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This trip included a large group of friends, some golfers, some not but a unique and fun experience for all. While this place definitely makes money from alcohol sales they do charge a $5 fee for anyone wishing to play in addition to a per hour bay fee ranging from $20-$40 per hour. Limited menu but all items ordered were tasty. Top notch three level venue with an outdoor lounge area including fire pit, stage, and bar on the top level. Your tab can add up quickly!

1  Thank mmrojas
See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went with a visiting friend, her first time, and my husband for my birthday this past weekend. The bestie and I are complete novices when it comes to golf so we enjoyed that there was no pressure or anyone staring at us as we undoubtedly had the worst form of anyone there! However, my husband does know the game and it was enjoyable to watch him have a good and challenging time.

We've been to TopGolf Dallas and were mildly inconvenienced having to replace our cards from the Dallas location since they only worked there. An extra 10 minutes to our registration time but no biggie, we didn't want cards that said 'Dallas' anyways, ha ha. The concierge was friendly and escorted us to our bay since TG Austin operated differently than Dallas. Better payment options at the bay to extend our play time, no wait and the staff also caught that our guest was a 'lefty' and gave her an appropriate set of clubs. Cheers to TG Austin for noticing the details! We enjoyed our fancy bar drinks and even the October signature pumpkin snap cocktail.

For three people, the price is a little high, $100.00 for 2 1/2 hours of play plus our drink bill on a Saturday, so it does add up for recreational fun. We'll definitely be back though, just before noon this time, so it's $20 an hour not $40. Overall, an amazing time was had by all!